1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

725 High Rib Sporting -vs - 725 Trap w/adj Stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kmecjohnson, Aug 16, 2013.

1. kmecjohnson

kmecjohnson Member

Can anyone tell me the real difference between the new High Rib Sporting and the 725 Trap with the adjustable straight stock. They look nearly identical other than the fore stock, but there is 1 lb difference between the two. I imagine that the sporting shoots flatter, but I can't find the numbers to verify. I am considering the High Rib for my son to shoot trap mainly, but would like the facts.

Thanks all...

Regards, KJ

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I too want to know!!! No dealers at the Grand had the HR Sporting and most of them told me it would be late fall at the best till available. I am thinking I need the HR Sporting for skeet and SC. I did demo the 725 low rib sporting at Sparta last week but it is just hard for me to shoot a low rib gun.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I don't know the difference, but I shot the 725 Trap O/U today. I must say it felt great and shot even better. I thought my 24/25 was pretty good having never picked the gun up before. Missed the first bird out. This was shooting bottom barrel with flush mount Full choke. The gun had the Monte Carlo stock no adjustable comb.

4. Slugo

Slugo Member

the high-rib sporting is the same design and dimensions as the low rib, but has an adjustable comb and super high rib. Is not a parallel comb like the trap gun. Expect to see the new sporter this fall...

5. Wrench1

Wrench1 Member

I have the 725 Trap with the adjustable comb. It does not have a straight or ( parallel ) comb. Drop at the comb is 1 11/16 and drop at the heel is 1 15/16. I am using it for skeet/sporting/ and trap. Love the balance of this gun. I looked at the MC non adjustable 725, but it just did not fit me. From what I have been told the hi-rib sporting model will be released in the first quarter of 14.
    Ron

Search tags for this page
725 high rib sporting vs pro trap
725 sporting high rib
725 trap vs sporting
difference between 725 high rib sporting and 725 trap
difference between 725 sport and trap
difference between 725 spoting 725
difference between 725 trap and 725 pro trap

victoria 725 sporting high rib