1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

725 citori sporting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gawaterfowler, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gawaterfowler

gawaterfowler Member

Has anyone bought or shot the new 725 citori sporting? I currently shoot trap and skeet for my school and am looking to buy one. How is the out of the box fit? How much can you fit and fine tune the gun out of the box? Also how does it compare to other guns tou have shot. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. wheelchair shooter

wheelchair shooter TS Member

I shot one at our club on Wednesday. It has 32 inch barrels and the fit for me was just a little long but the trigger was in the center position. Probably would have fit a little better if I had moved the trigger. It did not have a adjustable comb either. All in all the gun shot GREAT! Hit 45 of 50 on trap with little felt recoil. I am contemplating purchasing one myself. The gun is light but not to light and comfortable to hold and shoulders well. Just my 2 cents. I have shot Beretta O/U's and the Browning seems to fit me better.

Thad Bellow

3. gawaterfowler

gawaterfowler Member

Thanks for the reaponse. How was the swing? I'm looking at 30in barrels because I shoot more skeet than trap

4. wheelchair shooter

wheelchair shooter TS Member

The gun did swing great. It's hard to find a factory gun that fits me sitting in this wheelchair but this gun did. I love the fact that it has a adjustable trigger
    . It also has lengthened forcing cones and ported barrels which really helps with the recoil for the follow up shots. If I do get one, I will probably go with the 30 inch barrels also.

Thad

5. gawaterfowler

gawaterfowler Member

Tons of respect and I do like the porting and lenthing cones plus barrels are back bored. Did the new chokes seem to stay in well l? I know old style extended chokes sometimes come loose

6. woodski

woodski Member

I have a 725 w/32in barrels and love it except the triggers are a little too light of pull for me at 3.5 lbs.for sporting clays. I called Browning service dept and the spec is between 3.3 & 4 lbs so I'm having my gunsmith try to get them up to 4.5 lbs right now but he is backed up with work ahead of mine. I love the the chokes as they stay in better and cleaner that the old style. A little bit expensive but more to them so more money I guess. Good luck!

7. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

I shot a friend's gun last week. The sporting stocks have a lot of drop. I was unable to stack beads on the one I shot. The gun was very quick but too light for me even with 32" barrels. It patterned very well with hard hits with a mod choke. Bob

8. gawaterfowler

gawaterfowler Member

Bob how big are you? I know brownings normally have more drop than others but some citoris I shot fit some not so much

9. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I have a 32" sporting model. I like it quite a lot.

I may put an adjustable comb on it. If I bite the stock, it shoots a bit low.

Otherwise a nice gun. I have 2 625, 30 and 32. Don't notice much difference in any of the.

The 725 is less massive, but I don't notice that when I'm shooting.

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

725 was voted gun of the year by some experts it has the new striker triggers and several Browning friends have switched to this new model for sporting. I have not shot one yet but it feels good in my hands. Hard to beat a Browning for the quality for the money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

725 citori sporting

725sportingforums

browning 725 sporting clays 32in or 30in which is better

browning 725 trap for sporting clays

browning citori 725 skeet

browning citori 725 sporting threads

citori 725 skeet