1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

700X with RXP Wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kriegfan, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriegfan

kriegfan TS Member

Have noted in the recent IMR loading manual there are no loads for 700X powder using a Remington RXP wad in an STS hull. Wondering if anyone has spoken to the ballistics people at Hodgdon/IMR about the possibility of substituting a RXP wad for the Fig8S?

Thanks,

KF

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I do it all the time and my K-80 hasn't expired!!

3. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

same here no issuses

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The RXP wad has been around for quite a long time. There used to be a bunch of loads for that wad (29930) using 700-X. If you place a call to IMR (Hodgdon) they should be able to give you some of the older data. I have some of the old Dupont load booklets somewhere, but am not near home to find them. I believe I used to use 16.5 grains of 700-X in either an RXP (Rem) hull or Winchester AA, with the Winchester 209 or the Remington 97*. It was good for a touch over 1150 fps. A little over 17 grains got you closer to 1200, but the pressures increased a bit. Ithink they don't include this data anymore since the wad isn't that popular and they would rather give the space to the newer stuff.

5. GRR

GRR TS Member

I use a Rem. Nitro hull, 16.4 700X, Win. 209 primer and #8 shot for both 16 and Handi. 25 yard and it works just fine. In Wisconsin I use 7 1/2 shot in cold weather. Also use this same load for doubles.

Try it you'll like it.........

Gary

6. GRR

GRR TS Member

Sorry Use a Rem. Fig 8 Wad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

700x and rxp wads