Trapshooters Forum banner

700X LOAD

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BucPride29 
#1 ·
700X load. can't find a book on 700x asking on a load of 700x 18 gr. rem sts shell claybuster 1 oz wad. is it a safe load. also with rio primers.

#2 ·
Click on shotgun. Select your hull, powder, shot charge, etc. If it ain't listed there then NOBODY will be able to tell you 100% that your load is safe.

Get a load that is listed.

#3 ·
http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/

Cut and paste to the above url. the answer can be found there. I'm thinking it's near or at maximum, but depending on WHAT Claybuster wad, and WHAT RIO primer, it might be a reasonable load, pressure wise. I've loaded a similar load with 17.0 to 17.5 grains of 700-x and got about 1200 fps with reasonable pressure, according to the data. I don't generally use the Rio primers in tapered hulls.

#7 ·
17.5 of 700x with a pink claybuster and Rio primers will do you well.

i have reloaded and shot thousands of this exact load. STS, rio primer, 17.5 of 700x, 1oz 8's.

Green dusters are easier on the loader than claybuster pinks. no snapping, just as cheap and slick as ice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.