1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

700CC ATV Recommendations??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JStephens, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

I know there are quite a few hunter/sportsman type on here and was curious if any of you own either the 2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 or the 2007 Suzuki KingQuad 700??

I've limited my choice to these two, so I'm not really interested in the other brands and models. I currently have a 1999 Grizzly 600, purchased it new and have had great luck with it.

Any input would be great.......both ATV's seem really comparable except for the Yamaha has Power Steering.

Thanks in advance,

John

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I think that most reasonable People do know that over the years both ( All ATV ) make good machines, any of the top brands are great, I have a 300 King Quad Suzuki 2002 and I would not think of tradeing it for a Yamaha, for no other reason but I am sure that the Yahama owners feel the same way, I have owned two Suzuki's ( Trail Bikes ) and was never let down, by any of them, the most impressive thing is the way they start, Instantly, I just have to turn the Key and right off it goes. So My vote is SUZUKI SUZUKI

PS. LEAVE NO TRAIL !!!

3. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

I have a 450 Yamaha and really love it. As drhuner said, it pretty much boils down to personal choice. I tried them all out and felt I was getting the best for my money with the Yamaha. I have tried out the new 700 with the power steering and it is awsome especially for us older guys.
    Dan

4. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Take a look at Can-Am and Polaris. Both are top of the line and right now Polaris has some great deals going on. Check with Ride-Now stores, if you have one in your area. They have Polaris units with out-the-door pricing.

Phil

5. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Thanks for the feedback guys but was hoping to find someone who owns the 2 I mentioned. As a family we have a Grizzly, 2 Kodiaks, and a Honda Fourtrax so I have been around them a bit.

I really don't care for the Polaris, a couple of buds have them and they seem to continually have problems, mainly with stuff rattling off them, screws loosening, and carb problems. The CanAm I will admit I have never seen yet, I remember them as dirt bikes in the 70's but am ignorant to them in ATV form.

Thanks again,

John

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I have ridden a 700 Griz. quite a bit and absolutly love the the power steering. It compliments the linear power delivery of the engine and keeps you from getting into trouble. I have had the handlebars yanked out of my hands more than once on machines without the power steering. I have ridden quite a few different 4wd ATV's over the years and can say without a doubt, the 700 Griz is the most well rounded big ATV on the market. The other plus, is that Yamaha's quality is second to none.

The King Quad 700 is a very nice machine as well and would be my second choice in a big 4wd ATV. The only complaints that I have with the Suzy is that the engine seems to be a little "pipey". The power delivery is a little to abrupt for this type of ATV. The suspension is spot on and has a very reasuring feel to it. If it wasn't for the Power Steering on the Griz, it would be a hard choice between the two. I hope this helps you out some.

ec90t

7. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Thanks ec90T,

Many of the writers have dubbed the 2007 as the ATV of the year as well....matter of fact I tied one up today at my local Yamaha dealer, can't wait to get her out on the trails.

Thanks for the reply: )

John

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

John what do you think of your latest purchase?

ec90t

9. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

ec90t,

I haven't had the chance to pick it up yet, going to try for Tuesday-Wednesday of next week. I'm going to have them install a winch as well, I can't remember if he said they had one in stock or not....that may delay a day or so.

The Local dealer here is a friend of mine, fishing bud....and I asked him if there has been any quirks with the 2007 Grizz that he is aware of no matter how small....he said "I have not had a single one back for any reason whatsoever",so it should live up to all of its hype. Dark Green and Black is the only color he has in stock.......which is fine with me, the Camo models look pretty neat as well.

Anyway.......thanks for asking.

John

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

John,

It's nice to have friends like that! I worked in motorcycle dealerships most all of my adult life. I was always happy to sell a Yamaha. I never had to worry about an angry customer whose new machine broke.

I haven't heard of any problems either.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.