1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7000' elevation patterns??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by quicky, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicky

quicky Member

Hello Neil...I know you are busier than a cat covering crap in a sandstorm but I missed it if you ever posted results of the patterning you did while in Laramie. I have been on the edge of my seat for quite a while now. In fact, the crack is now sideways instead of vertical. Thanks, KQ (Quicky)

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I've only done 1/3 of them, Quicky, but the difference in high-altitude patterns - as compared to "flat-land" - is huge. Film at 10 - let's say ten weeks, just to be sure. When people don't believe it, I hope you will back me up that the patterns were shot and under the conditions I will describe.

Neil

4. quicky

quicky Member

Hello Neil. I don't know what conditions you will describe but I know there are 2 constants in Wyoming to consider: 1). the wind is blowing, and 2). the wind is blowing.

Hope you will come west again next year to shoot. It is always nice to have people from the East (I know Minnesota is considered to be in the midwest, but it is east of Cheyenne, so that is from 'back east' for us here in Wyoming) come out and marvel at the huge expanses of openness and clear air and low humidity. We have had a lot of days this summer with the dewpoint in the low teens and a couple single digit days.

The doormat is always out so don't be bashful. Thanks, Quicky

5. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Next agenda item...Western Zone = mandatory 1oz. loads & 84% breakpoint.

You have my support all the way, President Neil...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.