1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$700 xmas bonus for retirees!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dollarsworth, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dollarsworth

dollarsworth TS Member

whom ever posted the thread about this $700 for uaw retirees is either a union hater,is jealous cause he did not get one,or is just trying to pull someones string.....and he probably voted for obama,if he even voted at all! there are always little people trying to keep someone else from getting something,instead of trying to get it for themselves! i'm not uaw, but i'm going to get my $700,in the spring....thanks to the iue...

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Need to re-read the original thread. The issue was "timing" as the taxpayer is making the loan of billions at the same time $700 is paid out to each non-salaried retiree (hundred of thousands). It was also mentioned that it was a contract issue, with due respect. Pay outs to executives are also bad timing especially to banks and other receivers of taxpayers' monies. When money is poured in (especially from the struggling taxpayer), it is logical to decrease the flow out in order to increase viability in the marketplace. Many people are suffering with their 401(k) monies lost and no one is bailing them out. Also, many of the elderly has to go back to work because of economics and many of these people pay taxes. Don't lose sight of the timing issue. And by the way, my father is a IUE retiree and gets the $700; I tell him the same thing and he is not offended.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

What's the hell is an "iue"...sounds like a contraceptive???

Probably is by another name...

Curt

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Curt, He didn't say his father is a IUD retiree. I am a UAW retiree, I got no $700 bonus.

5. yenko

yenko TS Member

im all for bonuses, but as stated earlier timing is way off.tax payers shouldnt flip the bill.once gm,ford,and chrysler get their shit straightened out then pay 1400 next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.