1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

700 BDL in .223

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by o-hale, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Looking for Remington 700 BDL in .223 caliber, any out there fro sale ? thanks

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have one that was built in February of 1988, has been shot VERY little and truly is like new. What kind of money are you looking to spend?

Ed

3. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

as little as possible, what are you asking ? have not seen any for sale other than
    heavy barrel models, have no idea of how much you value yours, shoot me a price,
    thanks

Wayne

4. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm sorry Wayne, but your use of the word "little" tells me that we have "little" chance of doing business. I suggest you spend some time on sites like GunBroker.com as you'll always find some there.

Ed

5. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

Tikka T3 Lite in .223, is a sub 1 moa gun with a user adjustable trigger. Mine is not for sale but I can highly recommend them. Priced very well. can be found for under $600. Good Luck!

6. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ed, sorry to have offended you, what would you have said? I want to spend as much as I can? Never, ever, price another person's item, as I said I want to spend as
    little as possible but that does not mean I would not have entertained what ever it was you were wanting for your rifle. I have looked on the gun selling sites but have not seen anything other than heavy barrel BDL's listed. I do appreciate you taking the time to respond. THANKS AWAY.

Wayne

7. dss8110

dss8110 Member

0   0   0

This went to crap real fast.I thought the person selling comes up with price first,then you counter offer?

8. scott starks

scott starks TS Member

0   0   0

Just curious... How much were you looking to spend?

9. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I tried asking that question in my first post and was subsequently blasted for it.

When selling something, you should first "classify" or "qualify" the prospect by establishing his or her financial comfort zone. Anyone who has ever sold for a living was either taught that procedure or learned it the hard way. There is no sense in wasting each other's time if the two parties are miles apart in expectations. That holds especially true when the seller really doesn't want to sell the item unless the offered price is too good to pass up (that's me).

Did you ever speak with a salesperson, be it for a car, home or even a gun, who didn't establish your price range early on in the discussion? Scott (above) obviously has a rifle he might consider selling and he asked that question right up front, too. Again, why bother discussing items that are out of the prospect's price range?

I meant no offense to you Wayne, I just didn't want to get into something that bore no light at the end of its tunnel. For the record, as I intimated in my second post, you could likely save some money by buying online. I know my rifle well - I rummaged through a large wholesale distributor's inventory in search of attractive wood, seasoned its barrel using an established method and know how it shoots with its favorite handload. Accordingly, I would not entertain selling it for a cent less than a BDL in the same chambering manufactured between 1997 and 2001 would cost (they have engraved receivers and floorplates), which is what I would have to spend to replace it.

Again, sorry if I upset you or anyone else.

Ed

10. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Wayne, I just discovered that I owe you a second apology. This discussion prompted thoughts of buying one of those engraved 700s in .223 so I went to GunBroker.com to see if there might be one up for auction. Not only are there no engraved ones, there aren't even any unaltered wood-stocked .223 BDLs at all. There are several blued and stainless SPS models but no BDLs.

There are two older BDLs in .223 with impressed checkering that the seller believes to be "rare" and very valuable. One has the last "2" in the .222 REM caliber marking overstamped with a larger "3" which has the seller trying to say that Remington did that in order to make the .223 caliber unable to be mistaken for the then more common .222 REM. I prefer to believe that someone had the .222 barrel rechambered to .223 but maybe that makes too much sense...

Anyway, it would seem that the rifle you seek is in a lot shorter supply than I originally believed.

Ed

11. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ed, sorry was not looking for an apology, was just stating that I never price someone else's property. I have not seen any BDL's in a .223 offered without the bull barrel for sale on any of the buy-sale gunsites. There is a 700 BDL with a heavy barrel offered for $899.99. It looks pretty good but weighs in at about 11 pounds. Just a little heavy for an old man to lug around chasing coyotes.
    What I liked about the older versions of the BDL was the 26" barrel. The .223 ammo is the cheapest out there for varmit type calibers is only reason I was thinking of the .223. I have .222's and 22-250's but can purchase 3 boxes of .223 for what I would give for just 1 of them. No harm, no foul, Merry Christmas.

Wayne

12. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I agree with Wayne on this one Ed. If you want to sell something name your price.
    Up to the buyer to say yes, no or counter. Also none of my business, JMHO. Harv

13. scott starks

scott starks TS Member

0   0   0

I guess I agree with Ed. If I am actively trying to sell my gun in the For Sale section, I should list my price. If I am looking for an item in the Want To Buy section, I should list what I am willing to pay. Me and Ed aren’t trying to sell our rifles, but could be talked out of them for the right price.
    I have a Sako Vixen in .223 too…

scottstarks_2012_230387.jpg

14. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

After reading your last post, Wayne, I can save you some trouble. The older wood-stocked short-action BDLs only had 24" barrels in the 22-caliber centerfires. No sporters back then had 26" barrels and only the magnums and heavy varmint rifles have them now.

I understand and agree that sellers should name their price. However, I wasn't actually selling - Wayne was looking for a rifle and before we got into heavy discussions, I wanted to know if he was looking to spend an amount that would interest me. Now, if I was posting something for sale on this site, which I have done many times, I would include a price. Obviously, Scott Starks feels the same way.

Ed

15. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Not many .223 bolt actions floating around. I hunted around for couple years for a nice used Remington 700 in .223, that the owner didn't think was plated in gold. I finally gave up looking. A friend of mine is an FFL and he owed me a favor he ordered me a new 700 CDL and sold it to me at wholesale, $656 plus 7% sales tax and shipping. Current wholesale, if you can find one in stock, is $709.

I tend to agree with Ed, in that the more specific a Want To Buy listing the better.

Michael

16. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Gunbroker auction #321269230 Yea, its not a Remington 700. But the good thing is, its not a Remington 700. I've got the same gun in a lefty. Love mine. JW

17. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I think the 1st post ask if anyone had anyone "had one out there for sale" which to me meant he was looking for someone who was trying to sell one which I think would at least imply there was a price tag on it somewhere.

I doubt if he was trying to "woo" a reluctant owner.

18. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Brother Wayne,
    I have around 1400 rounds of 22-250 loaded with Ballistic tips ready to go.Stop by and I will give you some for your gun.No charge:)

TD

19. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I may be off base here, but I put together 2 Plum Crazy polymer AR lowers with JSE .223 uppers that have been great varmint getters. They weight in around 6-7 lb. depending on the scope, and get MOA with a variety of ammo.

I have less than $600 in either setup, and even I can carry one all day. Ammo is cheap, and my experience with calling song dogs tells me a bolt action won't do.

IMO,
    Kip

20. old crowe 68

old crowe 68 Member

0   0   0

I have 700 Rem BDL 223 looks like the one Pictured , 6-18 Burris high turret Scope with level ,2-triggers one original and one target trigger 98% price $1000 Norm Crowe 828/443/6365

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

223 remington bdl

700bdl 223
anyone shooting a remington 700 bdl in 223 how does it shoot
remington 700 223 bdl
remington 700 bdl 223
remington 700 bdl 223 cal

remington 700 bdl 223 for sale

remington model 700 bdl 223 for sale