1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7 pages, No Mention of ANY Dem.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GunDr, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/21admin.html

White House philosophy stoked mortgage bonfire...

"But the story of how we got here is partly one of Bush's own making, according to a review of his tenure that included interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials."

Through 6 pages of blaming Bush, not one menton of the Dems involved. Typical New York Times.

2. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I feel everyone needs to stop pointing a finger at who is the blame.

We have been on a drunkin spending binge for the last ten years.

Now, the party is over and the champagne is flat.We are in for one hell of a hangover.

Bo

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

There were people telling the Dems this thing would blow up in time ,But they wouldn't have any of it ,saying everything was great and that their boy Raine's was doing a wonderful job. Watched a C span show that showed this going on at the hearing. Now they all sing a different song.

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Apparently the NYT isn't smart enough to understand the functions of congress.

"Lawmaker Accused of Fannie Mae Conflict of Interest

WASHINGTON — Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefited from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank’s efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.

So did Frank’s partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency’s push to relax lending restrictions."

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The NYT lost any semblance to a real newspaper a long time ago. Fortunately, it is losing readers and money and is headed for the dump. Can't be soon enough.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Seems to me like they are headed for bankruptcy. Maybe Soros will bail them out.

Just another liberal puke rag.

HM

7. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

This is an accurate description of maybe the most dishonest major newspaper in the country. The liberal New York Times. Like most liberals, they are filled with lies and deceit.

"They've had to mortgage their building in Manhattan to help make ends meet, and they've been reduced to junk-bond status. I don't know if the New York Times' shoddy reporting is the result of being in junk-bond status, or if their junk-bond status is what's resulting in their shoddy reporting,"

Mash on the link. They have no credibility what so ever. None.

8. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I hear folks won't even use it for wipe anymore.

Buz

9. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

The NYT is the dirtiest rag in the business. I wouldn’t use it wipe my a.. or line the bottom of my bird cage. The quicker it goes out of business the better!

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I wish I had a subscription to the New York Times so I could cancel it. This mortgage meltdown was avoidable and it was predicted that a massive failure (similar to the S&L failures) if a slight downturn in the economy. I blame Freddie & Fannie and all associated with that despicable pair. Sure, there is enough blame to go around, but where's the justice when 70 year olds have to go back to work because of their investments tumbling. I'll believe in justice when I see people going to jail over this fraud. And, by the way, didn't Freddie & Fannie cook their books? Where's the prosecution over this? They went after the Enron execs for this. Darrell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.