1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$7 a gallon gas to meet Obama's CO2 goal.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    $7 a gallon gas to meet Obama

When gas hit $5 a gallon it caused a severe recession. When gas hits $7 a gallon it's going to cause a full blown depression. What are these idiots thinking?

Fuel Taxes Must Rise, Harvard Researchers Say

By SINDYA N. BHANOO

To meet the Obama administration’s targets for cutting greenhouse gas emissions, some researchers say, Americans may have to experience a sobering reality: gas at $7 a gallon.

To reduce carbon dioxide emissions in the transportation sector 14 percent from 2005 levels by 2020, the cost of driving must simply increase, according to a forthcoming report by researchers at Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs.

The 14 percent target was set in the Environmental Protection Agency’s budget for fiscal 2010.

In their study, the researchers devised several combinations of steps that United States policymakers might take in trying to address the heat-trapping emissions by the nation’s transportation sector, which consume 70 percent of the oil used in the United States.

Most of their models assumed an economy-wide carbon dioxide tax starting at $30 a ton in 2010 and escalating to $60 a ton in 2030. In some cases researchers also factored in tax credits for electric and hybrid vehicles, taxes on fuel or both.

In the modeling, it turned out that issuing tax credits could backfire, while taxes on fuel proved beneficial.

“Tax credits don’t address how much people use their cars,” said Ross Morrow, one of the report’s authors. “In reverse, they can make people drive more.”

Dr. Morrow, formerly a fellow at the Belfer Center, is a professor of mechanical engineering and economics at Iowa State University

Researchers said that vehicle miles traveled will increase by more than 30 percent between 2010 and 2030 unless policymakers increase fuel taxes.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Flush the toilet. Unwind the damages immediately following the fall election.

Boy, I sure hope so. Or I'm building a cabin on my 32 acres.

HM

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

By SINDYA N. BHANOO,,,ya think maybe this raghead sand ------ sells oil??????

4. 7771

7771 Active Member

THESE RAT BASTARDS WILL GONE THIS FALL

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Barry and company are following Cloward and Piven's plan to bankrupt a counrty, then build it back up in Lenin's honor.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

$7 a gallon gas to meet Obama

Haven't heard "rat bastards" in a long time --brings back memories of Belle Barth & BS Pulley. Back to the subject, all this greenhouse crap has one purpose & that purpose is to backrupt western civilization. Red China & India will have electric cars way before us & Europe. They will be siting on top looking down on us. The only remedy, is quick & certain expulsion of every incumbent in evry form of gov't. I mean from dog catcher & upward. The only thing that matters is "if they're in they're out" This has to become the new American battle cry. This has to be done to save the U.S., otherwise the U.S. is cooked.

Phil Berkowitz

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Obama is the most dangerous thing to ever happen to America. This would include the Civil War, the Great Depression, WWII and the Cold War. Not just because of this, but because of everything he does. The people that voted this communist in office can never be forgiven. We still don't know how dangerous this man is. We elected someone to the office of the President that has always hated America and the freedom we have stood for. He is intentionally trying to bring us down to rebuild us into his version of what America should be. If you look close enough when he speaks you can see the two horns.

8. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

Well said Highflyer!!!!!!!

9. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

The funny thing is China isn't building electric cars for them but for us. They don't care about global warming. We are about the only country that is trying to beat nature.

John MI

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

During his press conference yesterday, his arrogance stuck out like a sore thumb. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else. He needs that chip knocked off his shoulder.

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Highflyer, If memory serves me right, The American people did not vote him in!!! It was the electoral votes that got him in. So it was our own goverment that got him in there and He is doing exactly what our goverment whats him to do!!! Put the blame on him if it backfires!!! They wanted him to spend all that money so that they could raise taxes on all kinds of things. Think about it. Big Business is haveing a field day. For now anyway. Things always change. The one thing you can count on. I for one will not forget this, and will Remember it very well come election day. How about you all. Break-em all. Jeff

12. TC

TC TS Member

Paid $2.85 for regular unleaded this evening, was $2.55 two weeks ago!

13. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I am going to need a bail out then cause my 1995 GMC 4x4 didnt meet the demands for cash for clunkers, and I use 1 tank of gas per week to go back and forth to work only and if gas hits $7 a gallon it will cost me $147 a week to go to work so there for I will justify a voluntary layoff and stay home it will save me money.
    so I am changeing my name to AIG TOO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.