1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7/8oz 3/4oz what if

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What if the ammo manufacturing co. Decided to anounce Guys we are going to load only 3/4 0r 7/8 oz loads, reason being bottom line , decreased numbers of tarket loads being shot ect ect. Ohh yeah still gonna be 5.00 + a box

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I'd reload an ounce and an eighth and hope everyone else shot factories.

Neil

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Never happen ... I dont know of anyone who makes a "tarket" load and if they did then you would see everyone convert to field loads.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Lumper, Thanks for the spell check, Never happed, same said about banning lead shot. Its on the way.

5. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Gentleman,

SOMETHING needs to be done as SO many of my fellow shooters are going over to the Sporting Clays side. One of the guys was an A class trap shooter with a hcp of 25 yds. Shot 3-5 registered shoots a year. A series of situations "soured" him on trap; The expense of shooting registered, only to get a crappy statue or other piece of junk as a "prize" when he won a class. He also found the seemingly endless shootoffs as a turn off. Personally shootoffs are a part of trap competition. Same for skeet.

A few of the other guys found it way too repetitive. Can't see a FIX for that.

Those of You that think things are going to go on as usual....Your delusional. Trap as a sport MUST change or it's going to DIE. No one ever thought we would see STEEL for waterfowl as previously stated. OR three+ dollar a gallon gas. Wake up.

FN in MT

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Neil, you crack me up! lol

Next time, don't beat around the bush, just tell it like it is. lol

Hauxfan!

7. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Come on FN the guy is an A 25 yarder shooting 3-5 registered shoots a year? 3-5 shoots is a typical month for me. Further, if he is an A shooter and only 25 yards and only 3-5 shoots per year, he wasn't in too many shootoffs and he didn't last very long in any that he was in.

If he wants better prizes, tell him to become a professional golfer.

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I LOVE making the shootoffs! Its only happened a few times and its better than sex. At least at my age.

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I think Neil got the post. Just to make it a bit better. All shell manufacturers would only load 12g 2 3/4 shells 7/8oz 8s at 1250fps . Would the ATA change the rules or allow the rules as they apply now. Let those that choose to reload reload to current rules. Would this push more people into reloading, would the influx of # of new reloaders affect current price at all?
    Some clubs near "wet lands" or any puddle a duck could wet his tail feathers would be in a no lead zone. Some clubs in mass have gone steel only up in the north shore area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.