1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7/8 with 700X

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Go Fish, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

Does anyone have a good load using 7/8 oz of shot with 700X powder? I have Rem, Win & Fed. hulls and currently using Win. 209 primers and will be using Downrange wads.

Ed Fish
    Racine, WI
    Home of Kolar. best shotgun in the world, have been since I got one.

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

Imr's reloading site lists 24 gram loads which are basically 7/8 oz. They do not list the downrange wads but downrange lists what wads they interchange with. Use those recipies and you have a number of loads to use.

3. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Be carful if You use these for first shot doubles,,,if you have inertia triger it may not set with a lite load,,,,also dirty powder burn,,,load to the high side

4. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Go fish, I am using ST hull, or gun club hull, 16gr 700x, Fiochi 209 primer and DR Pink XXl wad. Great load! 10tenner

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My very first 7/8 oz load, the beginning of my life with the weenies, was 7/8 oz #9s, AA hulls (later STS), either cheddites or winchester primers, the Fed. SO clone from CB at the beginning but settled with the AA 12 wad or clones, and 16.5 gr. of 700X. Later loading varied from 16.2 to 17 grains of 700X all with success. I would return to that amount of 700X if I were to return to that powder. And, 700X is the all time winner for consistent readings on my Oehler Chrono over the years - common to have single digit standard deviations.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. hpesoj54

hpesoj54 TS Member

Winchester AA hulls, winchester primer, #26 mec bushing and AA 7/8 oz wad. Its a killer on the first shot of doubles. Have not had any trouble with it setting the trigger for the second shot. I use a Browning citori.

Joseph

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have been using Nitro and AA hulls with the gray 7/8's claybuster wad, Fiocchi and Win primers, with a load of 15.3 gr of 700x for skeet and go to 17.2 for trap. Both loads set the trigger fine but hotter load makes a big difference for trap. Much better breaks shooting trap with the 17.2grs. I've used this load 15.3gr for skeet for two years and it works well. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.