1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7/8 oz ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zzt, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Either will do. There won't be much difference between them. Since you have a penchant for open chokes, try the IM first.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

My preference for 7/8 oz loads has been towards the tighter chokes. I usually use a Full choke, even at the 16 yard line, but have had decent results even with a modified. Use what you have confidence in, since there isn't all that much difference in performance between the two you mentioned. Patterning the gun with YOUR loads and chokes would be a better idea like FlaLagarto suggested.

3. oz

oz Active Member

use the l/m don't go tighter, if anything try an i/c. been there, done that. oz

4. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Been shooting 7/8 oz. for years, and for the last five, with my fixed-choke Perazzi combo. Full choke works very well with 7/8 oz. at any range, and if they don't smoke every time I break them, I don't care. They wind up in parts, and parts is parts.

Tony

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Use the same choke as before but to be safe and so you have confidence ... pattern them to be sure.

6. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Over the weekend I picked up a flat of Fed. 7/8 #8's, the price seemed right, $36.50 out the door.
    I tried them yesterday...OUTSTANDING.
    I shot a round of Singles...a 24, then I shot a set of Slid's...5@16yds, 5@20yrds, 5@23yrds ect. once more 24,
    Then I shot a round of Handicap @ 26yrd....A 23. I had a bit of wind to deal with, But the lost target were 100% ME.

My Ljutic seemed to like them, The recoil was very light.
    I could not tell the difference in target break between the 7/8, & 1.oz.
    I wish I had found this ammo a long time ago.

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Buster sir ... were they acquired from Wally World and what part of the country are you hailing from and if possible if you still have the receipt do you have the Wally Word sku# from the receipt?

I would love to get 20 or 30 flats of this load for bunker trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.