1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7/8 oz wad for gold metal??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

Im looking for a 7/8 oz wad to use with gold metal and estate hulls,...... any ideas??

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

claybuster cb-1078-12

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

ClayBuster 0178 or a 12SO clone. Load lots of lite loads, at 1200 plus FPS!

4. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Like was mentioned above, 12SO or any clone. I use the CB's. They are great 7/8oz or 24gm wads in any Fed. I don't like any of the so-called 7/8oz wads - way too much shot above the cup. Even w/ the 24gm/12SO the drop comes right to the top of the cup. Works fine in Rems too FWIW

works for me

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Take a look and explain please----Both the Gold Medal and Estate were both loaded with a Fed 12S0 wad----7/8 oz shot with 17.4 gr Red Dot Same loader at the same loading procedure----Several tries and all the same---I very seldom use estates but wanted to try it out---I'm very satisfied with the GM even tho they are somewhat concave at the crimp---could use a few more BBs and it would be perfect----Just wondering why the difference---George@SJB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

George/southjblue, The Gold Medals may have a larger internal volume than the Estates. Cut open some empties and look at the difference in the shape of the basewads. Also compare the heights of the hulls. My Gold Medals are taller than my Estates. Bob

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I useworked fine.d my one oz wads and put a 20ga fiber wad in the cup under the shot. A little slower process, but they worked fine.

JON

8. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    Correct,

"The Gold Medals may have a larger internal volume than the Estates" and Top Guns. They have a big fat paper base wad in them.

Kevin

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Kevin---If so then what wad for the 7/8 top gun and estates?---SJB

10. jhunts

jhunts Active Member

I have used the Downrange XXL orange with great success in the TOP GUN hull.

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Anyone try the Claybuster "Lightning" CB4100-12B. It is a 7/8 - 1 oz. windjammer clone, eight pedal wad. I would think in a Federal Gold Medal Paper, the recoil would be a negative degree. In other words, you would have to lean back. LOL

12. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I used a bag of the Lightning things for some skeet loads. but they felt the same to me hahaha

the pattern board didn't show any difference so I decided that I didn't need another wad in the inventory and didn't gte any more of them

JMO of course YMMV

Charlie

13. MR870

MR870 Member

Ballistic Products has some of the European wads for straight hulls that work.I've used alot of the dual 1 ounce 7/8 ounce wads with great results in a bunch of Paper GM hulls as well as plastic.

14. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

That's the old style Estate.

Try the new and improved Estate - slick, no paper basewad, crimps great. Use 2 times and toss. It has a little more capacity than the old Estate. Believe UEE (Spain) is doing the hull for Estate/Federal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.