1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7/8 oz. 12ga. with TITEGROUP with WAA12L

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by heath, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heath

heath TS Member

Has any body tried to make a Recoil 7/8 load with titegroup. With the small volume and charge weight that titegroup the CB WAA12L look like it would work the best.
    Would the powder fill up the volume under the wad?

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

No 7/8 ounce loads on Hodgdon's website using TITEGROUP.

I'd call Hodgdon directly for assistance.

Speculation is a bad idea with shotshell reloading.

There are a number of 7/8 ounce loads with TITEWAD, however.

3. Racerx

Racerx Member

I don't know about Titegroup , but I use (700x) at 17.4 grain with the same wade(WAA12l) and a (sts) hull. I've been using this combo for about a year. This shell works well at any yardage. I shoot at the 23 yard line 90% of the time. Good Luck.

4. jackw

jackw Member

I am loading 17 gr Tite group with a Windjammer 7/8 wad in a AA Win hull.
    The crimps are a little concave but shoot well. The AA hull seems to work better than the STS Hull. They pattern very well and work well breaking targets.
    A friend of mine that shoots Black powder Suggested that I put Cream of wheat in with the powder to take up the space and get a better looking shell. He said that they do it all the time with Black Powder cartridges to fill the space in lighter target loads. I want to talk to Hodgdon before I even consider that option.

5. erm

erm Member

Becuase of its density, I use a 1 oz. wad (TGT12) for 1 1/8 oz. loads and the grey 7/8 oz. wad for 1 oz. loads to get a good level crimp on sts hulls with TiteGroup. That said I would suspect that 7/8 oz. of shot with the 7/8 oz. wad would give concave crimps because the wad height would be too low. erm

6. Richshoots

Richshoots TS Member

I haven't used Titewad,however,I use 18 grains of Clays in a Remington STS shell with 7/8 oz. of 9's in a Claybuster " Lightning " wad. This wad will load 1oz or 7/8oz with no press changes and produce decent crimps.
    Rich Larsen

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

19 gr gave me great results with 24 grams shot, AA hull, Cheddite primer and WAA12L CB wad. Titegroup is VERY clean burning with this load.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

titegroup 12 ga loads 1 oz

titegroup in 12ga target loads