1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7/8 LOAD ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

mIGHT BE INTERTESTED IN TRYING TO DUPLICATE THE 7/8 sts MANAGED RECOIL LOAD. I have TGT 12 wads, & downrange xxl wads, Noblesport 209 & CCI 209 primers & Claydot powder---Remington calls for 1100 FPS with 7/8 of 81/2--- I think using using my dowrange wads, with the Noblesport which are the equal of Win 209 & about 16 grs of Claydot might get close to the STS load---has anyone duplicated this load---I want to to use this load for long (time) practice sessions only---Phil

2. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Thanx Big Bore---which primer would you rec. of the 2 that I mentioned---Phil

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Want A great "no recoil load" Shot #8s 26grams, win 209 primer, WAA12sl wad and 12gr WAAlite powder. I first stumbled across these "winchester featherlites" looking for something for my wife to shoot with out of a 870. Then they where no longer avalible local. So I started reloading. The load Data for CLAYDOT that I can find only goes down to 1oz?? I also fooled around with 3/4oz loads with some 12SO wads I had come across. WAAlite has not been seen locally for some time. I now reload A Hodgdon Clays recipe that runs down to 1135fps. All published data. Check out hodgdon and alliant web sites. Alliants CLAYDOT load data is on the left side lower corner, read through Claydot, click onto more, click onto load data top left corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.