1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7.65 Arg

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

OT, somewhat. I've been asked to load some 7.65 Arg rounds for a friend. I really want to do it on my Dillon, but can't find the conversion kit. Anyone know what cartridge would be very close to the 7.65 Arg that a conversion kit would be available for? Sorry for the OT, but this group seems to have some very knowledgeable shooters on it and I didn't know who else to ask.

Thanks...Bruce

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If his rifle is in good shape....it is a very accurate cartridge...similar to the 30-40 Krag in performance. DO NOT try to load it as a hot round!

3. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Easy to load.

If you load for the 30'06, 308, etc., the shell plate/pins are the same. All you need is the funnel. Just call Dillon and they will send you one for a couple or three bucks.

If you need the shell plate and pins, then they will put the set together for you.

7.65 Argy is very accurate. I use cast bullets for mine.

One of the few milsurps I have that will really shoot an inch or better with iron sights from a rest.

Bob

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

7.65 Arg. can be made from 30-06, 280, 270. The shell/plate is the same, the 303 brit is a rimmed case the 7.65 is rimless. "ballistics of this mauser cartridge are similar to the 308 Winchester" Powders suitable for the 308 will work here. I have 3 7.65 rifles, 1 1891 and the others are 1909 in fact the 1 1909 shoots 308 bullets accurately at 100 yards, the other 2 I load with .311 bullets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.