1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7-30 WATERS BRASS or LOADED AMMO WANTED

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Dan Boardman, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Boardman

Dan Boardman TS Member

0   0   0

Anyone have any 7-30 WATERS BRASS or loaded ammo they would like to sell? Trying to find some - please PM or email what you have and the price you are asking.

Thank you

Dan

2. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Neck down 30-30 brass to 7mm then use a light load to fireform the brass.Ive been doin this for years it works perfectly.....Don

3. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Created by necking down the .30-30 case and moving the shoulder forward, 7-30 Waters brass has an average water capacity of 40 grains. In addition to virgin brass from Federal, reloaders can get cases by shooting factory ammo or reforming .30-30 brass. To do the latter, just run unfired or once-fired .30-30 cases through your regular 7-30 sizing die. This will reduce the case neck to 7mm, and also will leave a funny-looking double shoulder. Now select nearly any starting load from a current loading manual, preferably using one of the faster powders. Starting loads will give good loading density in the reduced capacity cases, yet will give sufficient pressure to fireform the brass. After firing, the case that comes out of the chamber will be a fully formed 7-30 Waters. From here on, work up your load as usual. But be sure to keep reformed cases separate from those with original 7-30 Waters headstamps. Reformed cases can vary in capacity, which can sometimes change pressures drastically.

From online site although Ive done this for many years it is for information only as I cannot supervise your methods.Therefore I accept no responsibilities for your actions.......Don

4. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

0   0   0

I shoot a 7 30 in a contender and fire formed all my brass as ks5shooter described, it is extremly accurate, the only rifle I have that will out shoot it at 100 yards is a custom built HS Precision.

5. Hemlock

Hemlock Member

0   0   0

Keep in mind the 30-30 does not have as high of working pressure as the 7-30 Waters. The brass is thinner and will give lower velocities then the factory 7-30 brass. Loads you worked up for the fire-formed 30-30 brass may give over pressures when used in the factory 7-30 brass. And from experience I was never able to get as long of case life from the fire-formed brass. It just didn't to stand up to the pressures of the 7-30 Waters.

Later, Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.