1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7,100 people are still stupid.....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Ohio Bob, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

I just looked at the New York district 23 results.

On Saturday the RINO withdrew from the race leaving the Conservative and Democrat for the election.

7,100+ people voted for the Republican. Unbeleivable.

The election was close enough that the numbers for the Conservative that IF the Republican numbers had went there the results would have been different.

It's not that the votes would have went to the Conservative, but that they voted for someone that wasn't even there. They quit on Saturday.

I know it's a big IF, but one could have been hoped for. It might have help with some momentum for 2010

IMHO..

OB

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bob,

The real momentum was in New Jersey. That one hurt Obama.

As for NY23, the Dems had already signaled their intention to re-district that seat out of existence after the Census, if "a Republican" won it. Obama's people encouraged "DeeDee" to drop out because their polling numbers were showing her pulling more votes from the Dem. candidate than from the Republican. So according to the numbers I saw, it's not clear that her votes could have put Hoffman over, even if he got all of them (which he wouldn't).

The real lesson for conservatives here is, if you're going to put up a candidate to oppose the establishment RNC candidate - don't let it be some outsider who doesn't even live in the district he seeks to represent. Voters can tell when they're being carpet-bagged by an outsider, and they won't warm up to that. Find somebody who actually lives there, or forget it.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I would bet most were absentee ballots,,,,but still, a "republican" quits and then endorsed a "democrat",,,,the people that voted must have been complete morons not to see,,,,but I guess there were 52million just a year ago....

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

They were probably disenchanted dumocrats, looking for the letter "R" on the ballot (since they can't read names).

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

That was a shrewd move on her part. The absentee ballots would have been cast thinking they were voting for a republican before she bailed out. Then their ballots were worthless when she is gone. They very well may have voted for Hoffman if they would have known. Could have changed things.

Don

6. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I sure am glad my fellow Virginians came to their senses!...Bill

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

There are a lot more than 7100 stupid people left Obamas election wasn't that long ago.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Speaking of STUPID:

How would you rate the intelligence of a local Republican Party that selects a GOP candidate who is pro-abortion/pro-gay marriage/pro Union...gives her $900,000 to run her campaign...then stands there with their pants around their ankles while she SPENDS their $900 Grand, drops out 3 days before the election and endorses the other party's candidate?

That's some DUUUUUMB folks right there. It ain't none of my business but those people should be out of a job.

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

CT, you think! Surley you jest, Jake

10. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

What buzz-gun said...!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.