Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

7 1/2's or 8's

3K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  AJ100 
#1 ·
for singles, one ounce of 8 1/2s work fine but 8s are almost as good

#6 ·
I was wondering if we were going to be able to make it thrugh the winter without this question popping up. I guess not!! Oh, I almost forgot, I like #8's to the 24 yard line from the 25 out I like the #7 l/2's. Unless its cold outside, I think that a very cold target needs the energy of the #7 l/2's to break. Now maybe we can start one on cold targets with different temps?? Nuff said. Glad we now have this thread out of the way. My 2 cents worth. Break-em all. Jeff

#9 ·
God, I wish I could think of a cleaver thing to say about a NEW thread on 7 1/2's or 8's. It is such a deserving topic for an adroitly sagacious retort. Alas, I am not up to the task.

I would however, love to hear some of the true sages of TS make replies which rise to the moment.

Jake

#10 ·
I USED to fancy "toying around" with my reloads, shooting a variety of shot sizes and payloads based upon the event and the distance involved. I would also give consideration to the felt recoil, especially with handicap recipes and the FIRST shot in doubles.

Some of my favorite concoctions : Singles - ounce and a 16th of 8 & 8 1/2 Magnum mixed ; First shot in doubles - 1 oz. of 8 1/2 & 9 Magnum mixed ; Second shot in doubles - ounce and a 16th of 7 1/2 & 8 Magnum mixed ; Handicap - 1 oz. of 7 1/2 & 8 Magnum mixed.

That was all before the price of Magnum shot began to outpace the price of GOLD........

These days - I shoot whatever the major manufacturers put in their factory loads, which I buy at the best price I can find. Although I still believe you can reload a bit cheaper than buying new shells, the difference is no longer worth the savings in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.