1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7 1/2 SHOT FOR WW

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686

686 TS Member

I got my new 7 1/2 shot jimmy stewert black max and now am making 7 1/2 shot. i would like to do a test with 3 people. i have lowered my exchange rate for this test only. i will exchange 40 lbs # 7 1/2 shot for 130 lbs clean ww ( no zinc ) . you can get that in 2 flat rate boxes. my shot IS READY NOW . YOU WIL NOT HAVE TO WAIT. i have been exchangeing local at 195 lb for 50 lb shot. at 130 lbs you only have 2 boxes to send. i also have # 9 and # 8 . if you want good shot and no wait, for it to be made try this. if not and the cheeper exchange rate with ??? wait, then go that way. IF YOU run the numbers the 130 lb raw will make about 100 lbc ingets. them i make the shot, wash it, dry it, sift it, tumble it for 4 hrs, then weigh and box it up. you get 40 lbs shot i get 60 lbs shot. no hidden numbers, just good shot fast turn around time. email me CHARLES@NICKOLSONS.COM thanks charles

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Let me see if I understand this correctly.....130 pounds of weights makes more than 100 pounds of ingots. More like 110. 15% scrap is my average on over three tons of weights processed. You're figuring 23% scrap. After I send you my 130 pounds, you are generously going to send me 40 pounds of shot? And this is your special introductory exchange rate? Wow! Considering the going rate is 50/50 on wheel weights after processing or 60/40 on ingots with the shot maker getting the 40%, what is so special about this rate and what is your normal rate going to be set at dare we ask???

JK

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Going rate with maybe ONE guy that cant deliver the shot is 60/40. If he is a man of his word you can expect a 50/50 split on ingots. And I will re-affirm his yield is between 20 and 25% lower from the wheel weights. I have weighed the same batch prior then weighed the clips for an absolute accurate measurement...last batch lost 23%.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

686 is factoring time and equipment and i will quess is selling a share of the shot outright locally, goldex your getting lead at the cost to ship 50lbs of shot back to the WW supplier. Everyone has their cost for doing X. Left up to the buyer what a deal X is. PS goldex I am very pleased!!!!

5. 686

686 TS Member

GOLDEX what is spl about my exchange is my shot is ready to ship no wait. you can always find some one that will do it cheeper but cheeper is not always the best way. are you exchangeing ww for lead now? i only saw your name on the other list saying he should give back the money. i do not have to wait for your lead to make the shot. i will not let your lead or money go to some one else and then not have any for you, i will not be to bussy to fill your order. this is because i will not tell you to send your lead untill i have the shot ready. this exchange may be more than you are willing to do but it is not high. thanks charles

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Himark-

If you lost 23% you either got a batch of crap weights filled with zinc and iron weights or you threw out good lead with the clips. I am not basing my 15% figure on 100 pounds of weights but over 6000. The average is 15%. Sometimes as low as 9 and as high as 20 but never ever EVER 23%. The rate of 50/50 is my rate. Not some guy who cannot or will not deliver. I have received ingots from one man and weights from another and BOTH had their shot in a week. It won't always be that fast but it won't take a month either. 50 percent of what I end up with after smelting on weights. I do not take money for shot I do not have. That is called mail fraud. (See shot from Bill Dawn thread)If you send me ingots and have done the lions share of the work for me, you should get more than half. That is why the buyer gets 60% on ingots.

Jeff

AKA GoldEX

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

guys, its really not that important, your deal is your deal, buyers/traders will decide. As being a recent trader of Goldex, sent him 125lbs after sorting and melting lost 13% then split 108. recieved 54lbs of some very fine shot bagged and boxed nice. Jeff those 10lb bags(im guessing) are great easy to handle and store. Also easy to fill the loader! Charles Normal rate of 195lbs of WWs for 50 lbs of shot is a 33/66 deal. buy your figures charles your loosing 23% on the melting. At your normal rate thats 150lbs of ignot from 195 WWs then you send of 50lbs of shot keeping 100. You just have to remember that only You the supplier can decide what it is worth for you. Then it is up to the consumer to decide which method best best fits them. It has been my experience that you can not get much more than 55 60 lbs in those boxes, unless you place those WWs just right one by one. either deal is ok if the WWs are had for free and all that is spent is the shipping. My free WWs supply has really dried up down to 2 guys and only get 125/200 lbs every 6 weeks from them. The rest I have been paying 25 to 50 cents lb. Now even the sources I pay are drying up. Lots of WW distributors are buying back the lead or are really pushing the lead free weights. I lost one freebe guy to the new weights and buy back program. Scrap yards is selling 1.00 perlb by the ton. no small sales. So I am stocking up on the WWs I pay for, might melt down or might even buy a shot maker???? I lack time and a good location. So anyone who is offering any SHOT services. THANK YOU. So its all up to us consumers to decide what is best for our selves.

8. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

it takes me 14 hrs to process 400 lbs of shot(ww to ingots to shot making to rinseing to drying&sorting to tumbling in graphite to packaging),im not in a hurry & work alone.1 -20 lb tank of lp,3-22 lb bags of ice,electricity,and $1000 in equipment(too mutch to list). 686 is giving a ok deal here,
    i have access to 11 tire changers and get 2-3 5 gallon of wheel weights a week,it was 10%-15% scrap a per bucket 2 years ago,now its moore like 25%-30%scrap per bucket.and its going to get worse since the big 3 stopped useing lead as of jan 1 08(euoepean&asian auto makers quit useing lead 2-3 yrs ago.so if you can get free wheel weights get em,& if you dont like paying $75-$80 for 2 bags of shot look into 686"s deal.mark

9. 686

686 TS Member

GOLDEX i thought you were nocking my price because you were a buyer. i did not know you are making shot. if you are ok with your exchange rate then do it, don't nock mine. i have seen people sale shot for $25.00 per 25 lbs. you may say that is a money maker but i would say stop after you make the ingets and sale for $25.00 for 25 lbs ingets on ebay. MACLEAN1911 i thought you did get a shot mechine. THANKS to PLINKER61 for the real look in to making shot cost. IF I DO NOT exchange any ww for shot on here i did accomplish one , there are 3-4 people willing to exchange other than the long list of slow to no deliverys. best to all and grab all the ww and lead you can. it is getting harder to find. if you are looking to getting a shot maker there is only one to look at JIMMY STEWERT. VERY NICE man to talk with and he will help you in any way he can. i have 2 of his and a set of drippers in a littleton but had to redo the elements. jim even took a sugestion from me and did a little modifcation to his laddel that helps. he probley already had the thought but had not made the change. i am lazey and do not like to change drippers so i have 3 mechines all have double drippers. #9-#8- and # 7 1/2. WELL this is enugh. bad spelling but a good person. thanks charles

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Charles, whenthe freebe WWs run dry I most likely will get a shot maker. At last contact with you I only had about 75lbs of Free WWs. Then came along Goldex and a few more pounds of free WWs. I took his offer. Just getting all the things together to make shot - the maker is a task. Time and space for me is very limitted. SO any offer to make shot for scrap lead is a good one. Personally I will wait 4 5 weeks for shot. Heck it took me about 3 weekends to get some ignots made up. So again Thankyou to all who wish to take this task on. You all will do well Im sure. So again NAME your price and let the consumer decide. fine deal either way. Good luck guys keep it up. As time goes buy You guys already making shot are going to have a huge advasntage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.