1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

7 1/2 or 8

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sbhced, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbhced

sbhced Member

Which is better for a riot, 7 1/2 or 8?

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Single 0 Buckshot....

Curt

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

grnberetcj:

The Illinois Dept. of Corrections lodges several thousand guests of the state in nearby regional facilities. I've been told the employees of the host stock #4 buck to discourage residents engaged in overly enthusiastic group behaviour.

sissy

4. IM390

IM390 Member

Pattern both at you standard yardage and you tell us which is better. While you at it you might also tell us which of 1 1/8 or 1 or 7/8 or 3/4 is better also.

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Curt:

I stand corrected.

I shot in a sporty clays fund raiser this afternoon. One of the other participants is a DOC guard. He told me the standard issue DOC shotshell is OO buck.

sissy

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

#4 Buck lacks penetration past 7 yards or so. Even 00 Buck is 33 cal lead pellets. They only weigh about 55 gr. As far as DEPENDABLE STOPS, 00 Buck is out of gas at 25 yards.

Using 00 Buck in a Defensive Shotgun at Handgun range is the hot tip. 00 Buck at 10 yards or less is "decisive".

In many states, including my home state, Private Protective Security or a Private Citizen deliberately shooting to cause a grievous wound or to cripple, or using ammunition made to grievously wound or cripple is cause for a Civil action, REGARDLESS of why force was used. If using Lethal Force, one MUST shoot to "incapacitate" (kill).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.