1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***** 687 or 682 *****

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by goose2, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

What is the real diff. between the two receivers? Is one better than the other? According to Etchens. The 687 has all the same internal parts as the 682.

2. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

The 687 trigger is not adjustable like the 682. But you can get a kit to make it adjustable. I believe the cost is $95. I am not sure that they have an Un-single bbl for the 682, they do for the 687.
    687's have some gorgeous wood!
    Neil

3. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

Well I checked, the 682 is available with an un-single bbl.
    Neil

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

On a recent business trip to Milan I visited the Beretta shop there.

I was asking the same question - but please realize they were trying to sell me an ASE 90 (bought a DT-10 here instead). Here is a synopsis of their reply.

The factory had a whole bunch of unfiished 682 receivers lying around and decided to do something with them - dolled them up, fancy wood, etc.
    Sell them on the US market as something 'bigger and better' than the 687s - They do have some more bells and whistles.

Notice what a DT-10 cost two years ago versus today (MSRP)- then look at the cost of the new 682 - notice a similarity??

Can you say "marketing?"

5. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

682 also has replaceable barrel shoulders that according to Cole Gunsmithing is a non-issue in most cases.

6. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

687 USES 682 BARRELS-BOTH HAVE REPLACEABLE SHOULDERS-RICK ZINO

7. oz

oz Active Member

why not ask beretta what the difference might be. OR look in their catalogue. I like the 682 for competition period. oz

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I kind of figured that someone on here would be able to help out with this question (witch they have). I guess thats why any of us ask questions on here because we don't want call the manufactures on every little question.The real question that I have for you oz is why don't "you" ask or call the factories on every question you have.It mite put you on the phone more and on here less.

9. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

OZ,

Calling Beretta will not get you a correct answer 99% of the time on questions like these as you will not speak to someone who knows the difference between chicken manure adn chicken salad.
    By calling Cole Gunsmithing you will be able to get someone on the phone with a wealth of knowledge in technical information concerning the 68x shotguns.

10. oz

oz Active Member

goose2.....I don't care. I am tired of the stupid ramblings about the same old subjects all the time. the same person would ask which is better a diamond or a ruby. 10,000 people would tell him the diamond and he would buy the ruby anyway. I buy what I want and I don't need to ask you. oz

11. Herman63

Herman63 Member

I just got a 687 combo from JEG and it is nice......

Herman63

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

The bottom line is this. As far as reliability and resale should a person purchase a 687 or an 682. Will the 687 handle allot of shooting or would it be better to go with the 682. I have always been a Browning guy. I was thinking of trying a JEG. Well maybe I should just stay with the good old Brownings.

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Biggreen, Do you have a phone # for Cole Gunsmithing? It looks like I would rather call them than the factory.

14. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

http://colegun.com/

Cole Gunsmithing
    21 Bog Hollow Road, Harpswell, Maine 04079
    207-833-5027 | 800-650-COLE (2653)

15. southpark

southpark TS Member

Actually Oz, over a carat and a top quality natural untreated ruby is going to be worth more than a similarly sized diamond.

I guess that is why so many folks here give different answers to the same questions that get asked year after year -- half the folks have no idea they don't know what they are talking about.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.