1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

687 EL stock removal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HDLLLIII, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I have an older 687el and would like to remove the stock. It may be a stupid question but do you have to remove both screws in the sideplates or just one? Which one front or rear. Thanks for any and all help. Larry Lockhart

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Both. The one in the front goes into the receiver, the rear one goes into the wood. So you won't scratch the wood, or bend the side plate.

Make sure you use the correct turn screw. One slip you'll devalue the gun by $100.00 :)

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Larry,

Depending on how the stock is fitted you may need to only remove the rear one on each side.

I just did this to one of my EELL's and the stock slid right off after removing the stock bolt and the rear two screws.

As Steve W stated, make absolutly sure about the screwdriver fit. I bought a bit set from Brownells to do the job.

ss

4. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

Thank You very much. I do have the proper size turn screw. This site is great, unlimited info for any and all questions. thanks again...Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.