1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

686 Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoot the hill, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoot the hill

shoot the hill TS Member

I just purchased a 686 Trap. I'm looking to see if someone can give me a little more info on this model. It has a silver reciever, 30in fix choked O/U barrels, a low rib and straight stock. The box it came in looks like late 70's or early 80's. If any one knows more on this model please respond. My main question is; was this a model marketed to the us market?

Thanks for any help.

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I had one, they were the entry level model. It was a great gun, even if the wood was really plain looking. I do not know any details other than I paid $1700 brand new for one in the early 90's. I had a clyde slide put on it. Never gave me any problems and it broke every target as long as I was doing my part. I hope you enjoy it.

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I currently own a combo 686 and bought it 3 years ago from a buddy. It has served me well and I have replaced all the springs and such only once. I've been successful shooting it in ATA competitions, and received my last punch while shooting using the single barrel.

The 682, 687 and 686 models are the same basic design with only minor differences between them. For example, one model may have an adjustable trigger shoe and the other is fixed, etc.

I highly recommend the gun as being reliable.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.