1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

686 combo for trap? good and bad?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by branwheat007, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. branwheat007

branwheat007 TS Member

I am looking at a pretty good deal on Beretta 686 combo. It has the X trap 30" O/U barrel with adjustabke chokes and 34" unsingle full fixed choke barrel. Also has a 4 way adjustable comb and an adjustable 4 way adjustable butt plate. What are the pros and cons of this gun? and what would be a good price? Thanks for ny help and comments.

Brandon

2. 682LINY

682LINY Member

dont know about the combo,,but I used a 686 field gun for my first 3 yrs of trap shooting,,,,never a problem,,,,had a graycoil done on my 682 at Pa state on monday due to a sholder injury ,,,broke out the old 686 ( its now my spare trap gun),,,,and shoot a 92,,,,and that was while alomost passing out from the sholder pain,,,,that said,,,,I like my 686,,,,it is now my Pheasant gun,,,and spare trap gun

3. branwheat007

branwheat007 TS Member

Anyone else? Don't want it to get away from me if its a good trap gun. Thanks.

Brandon

4. rdf59

rdf59 Member

If you are shooting from the 24-27 yard post the fixed full choke would be good, but from the 16 to the 18 you might find more success with LM or M.

5. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Brandon,
    I don't think you can go wrong with Beretta. The 686 receiver is a very good platform that if taken care of will last you a long, long time. If you pick it up for a steal then you could always shoot it for awhile and if you don't like it - unload it and maybe make some money.

6. branwheat007

branwheat007 TS Member

Just trying to keep it at the top for some more opinions. Good or bad. I want to hear them all.

7. branwheat007

branwheat007 TS Member

Has anybody ever heard of the 686? I thought there would be more opinions on this gun. I know its very similar to the 682. The gun is about 10-15 years old and looks to be shot very little. Can anybody tell me the difference between the 686 and the 682? Any help, comments, or just a post to say hi is greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.