1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682E Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lsudrt, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsudrt

lsudrt TS Member

I am about to purchase a 682 E Unsingle, 32/34 - would like comments from more experienced shoots with pros and cons about gun... Thanks lsudrt

2. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

We set out to purchase a Beretta six months ago. Beretta as a company has been an absolute NIGHTMARE to deal with. After a months worth of problems with the gun we initially bought, it was returned and supposed to be exchanged for a left-handed 682 unsingle. The situation never improved. We finally received an almost-correct version of what we ordered 2 weeks ago. However, we were informed the piece that is still missing (the left-handed trigger) was received by the dealer on the 22nd and it was being sent to us immediately. The dealer is only a few hours away and we still don't have it... Aside from that, we don't like not being able to adjust the rib on the double barrel and the POI is different for each barrel (the adjustable single is basically 70/30, the top double is 60/40, and the bottom double is 50/50). We asked a Beretta rep about this and he said "Oh well, that's just the way it was made." I know there are people who really like these guns but we are going to get a Citori.

3. lsudrt

lsudrt TS Member

anyone like this Beretta, how about a bt-99 34"?

4. lsudrt

lsudrt TS Member

I am really thinking of buying both guns - 682 and BT-99 - I have a 1998 Citori that I purchased in 1998 about 5 days before I was diagnosed with cancer - don't know yet - but I am thinking of selling it.... Brings back bad memories...

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I simply love Mine , Pro's it's a Beretta ---- Cons cant find any, Sorry POI depends on the shooters preferance, if you need a 90-10 or a 0-100 Buy a Silver seitz if you want 50-50 to 80-20 buy a bretta, if you want an adjustable rib on both sets of barrels get a Kolar or a Perazzi, if you have trouble with you Browning and send it to the shop, I hope you wont be needing it for at least 6 months, and the browning don't have an adjustable rib on their newer conbo barrels either.

6. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

Hi

Here's my story... I bought that same combo and was pretty excited about it until I tried to shoot it. I absolutely could not shoot that gun no matter what. I and really liked the way it looked/felt/etc.. . I took it in for a pro fitting and that thing shot so high we could not get it down at all. Other 628e owners told me similar stories. I ended up with my Kolar and my scores went through the roof.

Now, I know its the shooter not the gun that breaks targets. It was just one of those things I could not personally overcome for one reason or another. I thought the quality for first class, except the case was plastic and I hate that.

I would only say to you is make sure you shoot that gun first and get a fitting to make sure it will work for you.

That's my story and I’m sticking to it!

KK

7. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I was able to shoot a 682 combo a week back. Although it fit me well, my shooting was way off even with the owners tinkering and telling me where it shot for him I couldnt hit half my birds.
    I also own a 685s Beretta field gun that I can shoot circles around the 682 with, so I cant figure that one out since the 682 seemed to fit me just right.

Today I went and bought a 34" BT99 spanking new, for a hair over 1K and will pick up an XT later on as I shoot very well with those from others letting me shoot them, for some reason I do much better with a Win 1400, my old 685s and the BT99 & XT, and have hitting issues with the higher end Berettas.

8. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Just got a used 682e O/U with fixed Modified & Full chokes. I shoot it reasonably shoot it well even if its LOP is a quarter of an inch longer than my other guns. It's got the right weight, acceptable recoil, & shoots where it's pointed at.

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I know where there's a new in box Browning XT, un-single combination set, 34/32, MC stock, choke tubes, premium case, nice wood, still boxed and papers if you'd like to consider something in that neighborhood....Bob Dodd

10. lsudrt

lsudrt TS Member

Could someone give me an est of how many firearm vendors / amnf will be at the Grand - I am really considering going for a few days... Will the Dealers have demo guns to shoot? I know this next sentence will probably elicit some groans but I am really partical to a semi - I grew up with A-5's, still have the first one I purchased in 1962, before that it was a single barrel 20 ga. (which I still have) Now I wn 5 A-5 and 6 B-2000... To be honest the B-2000 was the sweatest shooting gun I have shot... Great trap gun for me - used it and the A-5 with a full choke for years and did rather well. So with that said I am also interested in the UBG25, I would really like to shoot the gun... Comments...

11. 5spd

5spd TS Member

BDodd............How much on that XT combo??

12. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

The only reason some may pass up on buying a Beretta 682 would be if the high price they demand nowadays, the disfavorable Euro-Dollar exchange rate makes the Browning XT´s very much affordable.

If the Beretta prices keep climbing I might buy me a brand new XT.

Berettaman7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi tm9x high rib pros and cons