1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I've got a 682 Gold E , 32" o/u set of barrels. What are the normal POI from the factory for this barrel. It is a trap gun.

Phil Berkowitz

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Phil,

My Gold E, O/U barrels came out of the box at 12" high (pattern board) at 34 yds. I found this too high (for me) for the way I shoot doubles. This was with the comb down as far as it would go, so I had Greg Hissem modify the stock so as to achieve a lower POI.

Curt

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Curt,

I think you meant to say "you" shot the gun 12" high, hence the stock work. If the "gun/bbls" actually shot that high, there would be no way you could get the comb low enough, because you would be looking at the top lever.

Doug

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

My 682 GE trap shot70% high with the standard (adj comb down) stock. Your results may vary. Pattern your gun for POI...it's the only way you'll know for sure.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

I've seen some of these shoot very flat with the beads stacked...yours will vary, no doubt.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

GunDr...

Exactly. Should've been more explicit.

Curt

7. dimapower

dimapower Member

60/40 with my beads stacked. I have a lot of black space between my beads to achieve my desired 90/10

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a 682 Gold E Combo. The O/U shoots for me with the stock all the way down just about 50/50. I shoot it for doubles and sporting clays. Nice gun. When I shoot the gun for trap I raise the comb up 1/4" to shoot about 80% high for me..
    It all about how it fits the person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.