1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by emm2, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emm2

emm2 Member

I asked this last night but seemed to get lost. I have a question about my 682 gold e. One of the plungers for the cocking rods seem to be stuck up in the receiver cousing no spring action on the cocking rod for the top barrel. I have tried cleaning it and blowing it with compressed air. The gun seems to work ok. Any ideas or how difficult to fix or should I just send it to Coles? Thanks Shane

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I gave you a reply in the post that got lost, But are you sure that you are bumpimg the stock to set the inertia block on to the second trigger ( If you dont understand what I am asking, then I am pretty sure it's your problem ) If you are just pulling the trigger twice ( dry firing ) you are not setting the inerita block. Or instead of bumping the stock, switch your barrel selector after the first dry fire, and after switching your selector pull the trigger again and it should fire

3. emm2

emm2 Member

I did dry fire both barrels. The inertia triggers were lightened up by Briley for a set of .410 tubes. It does not matter if the cocking rods are set or released the plunger is still up in the receiver but the gun seems to recock just fine and will shoot fine. Thats where I'm getting confused.

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

OH Well Now you have Me equally confused LOL

5. skeezix

skeezix Member

this is an exploded view of the 682 series

http://www.berettaservices.com/index.aspx?m=53&did=268

What seems to cause this is the spring or plunger (parts no's 45 & 46) is stuck or broken. So the cocking lever itself (#47 or 48) is just flopping around in there. The gun will still cock, but the cocking lever can interfere with the hammer and result in a failure to fire. Either grit or a burr is interferring with the plunger (#46), or the spring (#45) is broken. I have not replaced them myself on a 682 reciever, but I understand that it is simple to do. You have to slide the cocking lever pin (#44) out far enough to remove the cocking lever and the spring and plunger- clean the socket they ride in, replace the spring if necessary, and put it back together.

John

6. emm2

emm2 Member

Skeezix, that is exactly what is happening. Has anyone ever replaced these parts to see if it's easy or not?

7. josh b

josh b TS Member

done it twice not hard but nimble fingers are needed can get a bit agrivating the first time
    josh

8. skeezix

skeezix Member

I can tell you on a DT10, that it is very simple - but slightly different. The cocking lever pin is not pressed in, at least not on the DT10. IOW, when you pull the stock off you can slide the pin over without needing a punch. The theory is the same- but the spring and plunger are different on the DT10 (its just a spring on the DT10)

If you pull the stock, it should be very easy to determine if you need a punch to move the pin out of the way - or if you just need to slide it out far enough to allow the cocking lever to slip off. Once the cocking lever is off, the plunger and pin should just drop out. Clean out the hole the sit in - and reassemble. I personally would order a set of springs frome Coles or Beretta and then go for it.

John

9. emm2

emm2 Member

Timb99, He must be I called and looking around 2-3 months to get one fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

stuck cocking rod plunger