1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 XTrap Vs 682 Gold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsome, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

What are the main difference between the Beretta 682 XTrap and the 682 Gold guns?

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

the gold is just a newer model of the same gun

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I don't think that the "X" was available with an unsingle barrel with an adjustable rib. The barrels on the "X" would have had MobilChokes instead of Optimas and I doubt that the Gold E's position-adjustable trigger was offered on the "X." Otherwise, the differences are cosmetic.

Ed

4. kmcampbe

kmcampbe TS Member

the x does have an adjustable trigger, or at least mine does.... I don't think that a adjustable rib was available for the unsingle barrel however you can use any 680 series barrel on and 680 series gun provided that the barrels are fitted and timed to work.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The rib height is different on the 682 Gold-E models I believe you need the 682-X Bbls to get same height as 682 Gold-E.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

As I remember it, the rib height is a good deal higher on the "gold" model than it was on the "x." This can lead to problems in trying to put together a combo, and I remember a poster here who made just that mistake and didn't notice it until I pointed it out to him. He rationalized his setup - I think the solution was a new single-barrel, a complete gun, and now he is on the 27.

Neil

7. shootsome

shootsome Member

Is there much weight difference between the barrel weight on the 682XTrap and the 682 Gold? The thing that makes me ask the question is the barrels on the 682 Gold E (Optima) are much lighter than on the 682 Gold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

682 x vs 682 gold