1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 stck problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coho, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coho

coho Member

Has anyone here had problems taking off their 682 gold e stock? I’ve been trying to get mine to come off for about 3 hours now with no luck. I wonder if I broke the bolt that holds it in place. I can hear pieces moving freely inside when I turn it upside down but its still on there as tight as ever. I’ve tried to take the kick pad off but they must have used epoxy to hold them in because I’ve broken two screwdrivers trying to get the screw to turn and it won’t budge. Any one got any advice? I guess the next step is to take it to a gunsmith.

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Try this method. The stock on your Beretta is a very tight fit. Screw the stock bolt back in several turns to protect the threads. Leave the stock wrench in the stock bolt head and lay the stock / receiver assembly down on a soft surface such as a thick blanket or towel to protect the wood. Hold the stock down and tap inward on the wrench handle. This will dislodge the receiver from the stock. After the receiver has moved about a quarter of an inch remove the stock wrench and take off the receiver.
    Mike Battista

3. coho

coho Member

Mike - you're the man! it worked and i didn't have to take it to a gunsmith. i've never seen a stock fit so tight how do they keep the wood from splitting?

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

They don't..... I see more cracked Beretta stocks than all others combined.

Ken Rucker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.