1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TDK, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDK

TDK Member

have a 682 gold e about 3 years old. Friday shooting the unsingle could not get the forend off. After messing with it it came off and i noticed one of the small screws in the spacers had dug a chunk of wood from the inside of the forearm. The front and back screw was loose so I gently tightened them but the front seems to be to long when snug and will hit the forend on assembly or removal.
    Anyone with a fix or suggestion. Thanks Trae

2. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Trae,
    I have a DT 10.Had the same issues.Take that screw out again and make sure theres no foreign material in the threads.Or you can move the screws around and one might be a little shorter and be happier in that spot LOL.
    Sandy.

3. TDK

TDK Member

Sandy thanks for the advice I will look at it tonight and see if that helps. Later Trae

4. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Trae,

Your more than welcome.I make a habit to ck those screws once in while.Someone may say to use Blue Locktite on screws,thats up to you.
    Sandy.

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Had the same problem with My 682 Gold E unsingle you just have to take out the screw and either on a grinder or a disk sander gring off about two or three treads, make sure that you round off the end of the screw where you shortened it so that is goes bach into the nut without crosstreading.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.