1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by code5coupe, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

The single barrel on my 682 combo has a .237" diameter by .144" deep hole in the monoblock where the lower firing pin would strike if there was a barrel/chamber there.
    Should this hole have something in it (brass? urethane?) to cushion the firing pin if it was inadvertantly triggered?

2. byteme

byteme TS Member

Yes, originally there was a rubber plug in that hole to cushion the pin. They disappear quite quickly. I've had 2 682s and put alot of rounds through them with out the cushion and never had a problem with the pin. Bill

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Thanks, Bill. I'll get some polyurethane and fill that hole up....

4. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I put a nylon bolt in my 682. Not sure of the size, but, it turned in very tight. I filed it flush with the face of the block. Be very careful not to file into the face of the block. (by block, I mean the end of the barrel)

Now, when I am done shooting for the day, I put a snap cap in the single barrel, snap it off, bump (very hard) on the recoil pad to shift the inertia block and snap the lower firring pin into the nylon insert.

Been doing this for several months with any problems.

Good luck.

Frank

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Doesn't the selector switch have a small threaded hole in it for a screw most of the singles I have seen have a selector lock in the top selector switch to prevent this from happening.

Bob Lawless

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

It does, Bob. But, because I shoot both single/caps and doubles with the gun, that lockscrew has been removed.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Beretta O/U's typically don't have firing pin problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.