1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 POI ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Setting up a new /used 682 E/ sending out the triggers for conversion to double release. The question is for people who shoot 682 Gold E's--What is the normal POI of the o/u from the factory?

Thanks --Phil Berkowitz

2. GoldE

GoldE TS Member

I have not patterned mine, but the way it shoots from I would say 60/40.

3. mosby1

mosby1 TS Member

Phil 70-30 on the bottom barrel!!!

Seriously like I said I shot it with the stock pretty high and having alot of rib visible; if you look straight down the rib it will be lower.

did you shoot it yet?

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

my duaghters o/u 682 barrel w/ 1 1/16" drop at comb is 70 to 80% bottom & the top is more like 60%( you seem to have to work alil harder to get get to the rock on top barrel) -an age old discussion-we see nearly all the rib between the beads

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Haven't shot it yet, got a PFS coming, when I get the PFS & m I'll put it on the receiver & send it out for a double release---then I'll shoot it--thanks for asking--'

Phil Berkowitz

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would expect five different guns of the same model to have five different points of impact. And, it is also possible to have five different shooters shoot the same gun and get five different points of impact. If I shoot the same gun five different times, frequently four times the POI will be the same but one will be pulled to the right or left. That is my problem, not the guns problem.

Pat Ireland

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The moral of the story is never buy a gun you haven't shot first. Only buy the guns that put the shot where you want it. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.