1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 mid bead

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Currently I have a white front bead and a silver mid bead on my unsingle 682 barrel. I would like to replace this middle bead with a matching white one. First question is, how does one remove this middle bead? Is it a threaded bead or a press fit? Secondly, where does one purchase this bead? Also, I would like to convert my 682 O/U barrels to a front white bead/middle bead. What is the thread size for these beads? Don't really know why, but I like the 2 white bead concept. Thanks. Ed

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ed,

The last time I looked they were press fit generally held in place with the assistance of a little epoxy. Brownell's sells a tool and the beads that will help you out.

ss

3. skeezix

skeezix Member

Well, Brownells says 3-56 thread for Beretta's, but I believe that is true only for the front bead. Beretta's tech support site says 2.5 x .45 front and 2.2 x .45 mid. (go to ask a question, and then look for shotgun sight beads in the search box)

http://www.berettasupport.com/technical ... l_data.htm

0.45 mm pitch is 56.4 threads per inch.

2.5 mm is 0.098", a size 3 thread is 0.094-0.099 major diameter. So, a 3-56 thread is going to be fine in a 2.5 x .45 tapped hole.

the 2.2 mm thread is 0.086 major diameter so the 3-56 probably won't work here. A size 2-56 thread is 0.082 to 0.086 diameter, and should work.

john

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Beretta makes a small kit of various sight beads

I've attached a link to a shop that sells them, but most any Beretta re-seller should have them.

Should have what you are looking for...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.