1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 gold e vs citori

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

How would you compare a Citori Trap to a 682 Gold E?

Value for the money? Which would hold up the longest?

And any other comparison you might want to add.

Pluses and Minuses for each

thanks
    mike t

2. mike T

mike T Member

3. wam6187

wam6187 TS Member

I've owned both and ended up with a Beretta. The Browning is a nice gun but I just like the feel of the Italian made guns. As John mentioned, try both guns. A shotgun is all about fit and feel to you. Good shopping!

Bill

4. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I own 2 Brownings and 4 Berettas. The advantage of the Beretta is additional barrels. If you decide to add 1 or more barrels Beretta is hands down cheaper and easier to add barrels to. I truly beleive they have similar build quality and either brand would likely perform to your satisfaction. I have read on this site extensive repair times for Browning, but that has not been my experience. Larry Lockhart

5. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Beretta (subjectively) handles better for me (its fast and responsive)and has MUCH better triggers

Sold the Brownings (525, Citori Trap) and never looked back.

Try before you buy

6. oz

oz Active Member

I shoot a lot. I have seen several brownings break. I have not seen a beretta o/u break yet

7. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I too own both several Citoris and a 682 Gold e. To me the Beretta is a much better feeling shotgun. To me my XT swings with all the grace of a 2X8. And I too like the idea you can add barrel sets to make the gun more versitile. My complaint with Browning that in most cases you need to buy another gun to get the barrel you want. I have yet to figure why they can't order a couple hundred different sets of barrels and offer them to the American shooter. I believe extra barrels don't fit into their marketing model or they just don't want to. Now as someone else said I believe the build quality of either are about the same, but my nod goes to Beretta. About the only thing I've seen replaced on a Browning are the firing pins and springs and the top lever spring. And I understand with a high round count the locking block needs to be replaced, but this is in the case of most target shotguns.

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I own both guns and I agree with the rest. The Beretta is a better gun for feel and triggers.
    There nothing wrong with a Browning. It will come down you what you like in a gun. You have to shoot it.

9. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Oh and Berettas aren't usually ported and Brownings all seem to be

I do not care for porting

And I have bought other barrels for the Beretta, no problems there.

regards

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Better get that 682 Gold E soon as it's my understanding they will no longer be imported into this country!!

11. dls guide

dls guide Member

The Beretta Gold E is a better gun in my opinion over the Citori. You need to handle both, as they will handle and feel way different. The Citori is more barrel heavy and slow. Where as, the Beretta's are faster and lively. I never liked the fact on the Citori's that the bottom firing pins on the o/u were a little short and sometimes miss fire. Why Browning never fixed that is beyond belief, but there is a after market fix. Both are good guns for the money. Look at the Joel Etchen's 687 combo guns. I think They are good way to go and will last a life time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.