1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Gold E vs Browning XT Trap?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bassoon, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassoon

Bassoon TS Member

Hi all,

I'm ready to get a new gun to primarily shoot trap with a little skeet and the occasional sporting clays.

I've narrowed it down to the XT Trap from Browning and the 682 Gold E, both with the adjustable comb. So the question is which one would you recommend and is there perhaps another gun that I should be considering (within the same price range).

Thanks

Paul

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Paul...I have the Browning XT un-single combo and I also own a Beretta 687 silver pigeon. I like the oil finish on the Beretta best but I prefer the ejectors on the Browning. I'm sure everyone has similar likes and dislikes between the two.

The bottom line is they are both good guns, similar in price and quality. Looks and different features is what sells to different people. But one thing I'd recommend is getting a Monte Carlo stock and have a stockmaker put a adjustable comb on. I know Brownings is junk and have heard that Berettas isn't much better. Besides it's cheaper than the factory's model.

I've seen a couple of SKB un-single combos and the owners had no complaints about them. Personally I don't rate them up there with the XT's and 682's but to each their own.

Bill

3. ink ball

ink ball Member

Well...I'll throw in a plug for the XT Browning. I've owned both, and while both work well and either would give you years of trouble free shooting, the Browning is about $1000 cheaper, and in my opinion, the Beretta had quite a bit more felt recoil than the Browning. We are all built differently, and others might have a different opinion on the perceived recoil, but using identical loads in each gun, I definitely felt more recoil with the Beretta. The Browning tended to recoil straight back into my shoulder, while the Beretta tended to hit my face pretty hard.

Gary

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

try to shoot both,,,,in the barrel length you are intrested in,,,three of us shoot together,,,,2,682 gold E berettas and a browning XT,,,,we like ore guns,,,have the set up to fit each one of us ,,,and we shoot them well,,,,it is you not the gun that breaks the target,,,,get the one that fits and makes you happy

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

see if you can shoot both for several rounds, I will agree the browning comb hardware is a bit crappy, Especially the newer style adjusted thru the recoil pad. opt for a after market by speedbump, country gentlemen, greg heismann??? spelling may be off, just look around TS.com

6. RubbedOut

RubbedOut TS Member

The Joel Etchen 687SPII combo will save you roughly $1000.00 over a 682 Gold E. You sacrifice the adjustable trigger, and the receiver is an engraved game scene. Now he offers it in an UnSingle combo as well. I prefer the tru-oil finish wood over the high gloss of the 682 Gold E, and I have been shooting mine w/o issues for two complete ATA seasons. The fit and finish felt better to me than the XT combo.

www.joeletchenguns.com

Shoot well!!!

Casey

7. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

I bought an xt and then changed the order to the xs special high post, liked the satin finish better and it has the extended choke tubes. I shoot sporting, skeet and trap,just figured it would be better than the xt all around.

8. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

I was gonna go with the guns unlimited combo also, but the price held me back. I know its a good value, but we want to but a house this spring so I didnt get to carried away LOL

9. ink ball

ink ball Member

Guns Unlimited in Omaha has a good deal on Browning XT Trap shotgun right now. Adjustable comb guns are $1999 and Monte Carlo guns are $1799. They have both 30" and 32" lengths available. I bought one this morning to use for trap doubles. If interested, call them at 402-339-0771

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

682 god e versus browning xt

682 vs xs special

beretta 682 gold e vs browning 725 trap pro

beretta 682 gold e vs browning xt

beretta gold e 682 versus browning xt

browning xs or beretta 682 gold e

browning xt vs beretta 682

browning xt vs beretta 682 gold e trap