1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Gold E Unsingle Rib Repairs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TD1958, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Hi All, I am having issues with my gold e rib. No matter how carefull I am it always gets a bend in it. In looking at it it appears as though it should have been made with a bottom flange to add stiffness. Has anybody modified one in this manner or had one made to replace it? Thanks, Tim

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

How on Earth are you bending these ribs? Are you using a soft case that may allow something to put alot of pressure on it?

grntitan_2009_2503228.jpg

3. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Matt, I am just taking it apart after each use and putting it in the factory hard case. I am handling the gun picking it up and so forth but i have no idea what I am doing that is actually bending it. I can easlity push it back straight by hand which tells me there should have been a flange on the botton like an I beam to stiffen it. I think I am picking it out of the gun racks grabbing it by the barrel end and that is what is doing but for god sake the rib should be strong enough at the mounting to withsatnd that. Thanks, Tim

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Tim,

Perhaps your rib is in some sort of bind within the mounts. You may try loosening the rib at both ends and seeing if it springs out in some fashion. I mean they are made of aluminum but i thought mine was quite rigid. Although i don't make a practice of it, i have grabbed my barrel by the rib and have never had an issue with it bending. It really sounds like yours may be in a bind or something causing it to be preloaded. Just a guess.

5. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I loosened the front mount and it went back into shape. Maybe I am tightenting too tight!! Thanks, Tim

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

On the 682 rib there are four screws that need to be loosened before making any adjustments to the rib. Start at the front and work backwards to breach. They must be tightened in reverse order.
    Mike Battista

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.