1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Gold E Questions and Trade Possibilites

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I have a 682 Gold E Unsingle Combo and just can't seem to shoot as good of scores with the unsingle as with the O/U. I think that I am thinking of the option of geting rid of the unsingle barrel and just shoot the O/U barrels. I am not a long handicap shooter and just don't see myself getting there anytime soon.

Option #1 of trading/swapping: If I wanted to sell just the unsingle barrel, what would be a fair price? Would it be better to trade my hardware, barrels and reciever, with someone that may want the unsingle combo for just thier double barrel and receiver? (I have had custom wood made and would really like to keep it, although I have put on some weight and it doesn't fit like it used to) Would the older 682's or DT10's fit my 682 Gold E wood, if I keep it. I have seen some DT10 doubles only on here for sale, which is why I ask about this model.

Option #2: I have about 1,500 rounds or so through the gun. I have about $2,400 in the wood (custom done by Dennis DeVault with Bubuinga wood) and about $5K in the gun. Should I try to sell the gun outright and then start over with just the O/U? If you would be interested in the gun, I would be happy to send pics. I am not in the fire sale mindset, just so you know up front.

Would entertain all ideas or reasonable offers and appreciate any input regarding the iron trading scenario. I am located in north Texas. Thanks, Jim

2. phudson

phudson TS Member

There is good demand for the unsingle barrels. Seems logical to just sell the barrel if you're happy with the rest of the set. I'd be interested in purchasing the unsingle barrel only, but there will probably be a line forming.

3. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

I would be interested in the un-single barrel.

4. bigdogtx

emails and pm's sent

5. quick2

quick2 Member

How much for the unsingle?
    731-549-4006

6. oz

oz Active Member

before selling it try shooting with a mod choke. the E barrels shoot tight. a full may be blowing the pattern. oz

7. bigdogtx

Tried Carlson LM and Wrights 3, neither of which mattered. The 3 in the bottom barrel, crushes the 16's and the 6 does my handicap. I just think that the unsingle, while great for some, is not for me.

I really like what Dennis did to my wood which is why selling the other barrel is probably the way to go. Thanks for the idea, though. Jim

8. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Please email me if you do intend on selling the barrel. Thanks,Al

9. bigdogtx

email sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.