1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Gold E or a Dt-10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TDK, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDK

TDK Member

Just looking for some input on a gun choice. Own a 682 gold e and just wondering if the dt-10 is that big a jump up from it. I have shot 3-4k through it(682) and like it. I have a chance to buy a dt-10 at a good price and just needng some info. Trae

2. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

DT-10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TDK

TDK Member

Thank you but I was kind of looking for some pros and cons. Trae

4. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

AFAIK, the DT-10 is derived from the ASE-90 design, the design being modified to reduce the hand fitting involved in manufacture. A definite step up from the 682.

BTW, I owned several 682s, and had the opportunity to shoot the DT-10 when it hadn't been out very long. Nice gun. I considered getting one, but got a KX-5 instead. It had, as I recall, an oddity in how the trigger group was removed, and we (the owner and others, including myself) spent quite a while getting it out and even longer getting it back in. LOL Haven't seen many around this neck of the woods, though.

If you like the dimensions and fit of your 682, you'll probably like the DT-10 as well. The trigger is better, as I remember.

5. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Sorry TDK........I got carried away there for a moment. I've owned and shot both, and the DT-10 wins hands down !
    There are some great buys out there on DT-10's, and will be on lots of makes and models.
    I believe the DT-10 has much better dynamics, than the 682's. The trigger system is much better refined also. I used to shoot the older ASE90( miss that gun a lot ), and I know that the ASE90 got too expensive to manufacture. The DT-10 is every bit as good as any higher end gun out there, different tastes for everyone. But like they say, "its not the arrow..........".....Rob

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have had a couple of Perazzis, several Brownings, Berettas and shot both the K guns...once I picked up the DT 10 I was sold. It is a solid and dependable gun. I have two of them and have never had a trigger problem. I had to have grips made for my PFS units, but it was well worth it. I have traded barrels with no problems. Fit is critical and the DT 10 out of the box fit me well and the weight was right. I am a happy guy...5 years down the road with mine.

JON

7. DitzMan

DitzMan TS Member

I traded a 682 Gold E (15k rounds) in on a DT10 (about 2k so far). I like the balance of the DT-10 much better. Trigger on DT-10 is very crisp. I would call it smooth, but that might indicate that there was some travel in it. Liked the fact that my I could keep my chokes. I beleive that the receiver is not as high on the DT-10 - matters to some not to others.

On about 3 occasions with the DT-10, I was closing the gun and the release lever moved back into loaded position before the bbl closed. No biggie, move the lever over and try again. I have not figured out what is doing this yet -- I can't replicate at will.

BBL convergence is spot on. This was not the case with my 682.

I feel I got a very fair trade on the 682. Got out of it only a couple hundred shy of what I bought it for. Evidently there is a market for them.

My DT-10 came with REALLY nice wood (it is not EELL). But it is coming off as soon as my new stock is ready to be fitted to the gun. Almost considered a different brand of gun that would come with a custom stock, but I really liked the DT-10.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.