1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Gold E Or 687 Silver

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Robb, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robb

Robb Member

Which one do you buy and why?

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Robb, it pretty much boils down to looks. Some people like the futuristic engraving and flattened checkering of the 682 while others prefer the more classic engraving and checkering of the 687 SPII. Mechanically, they are the same gun with the exception of the triggers - the 682's can be adjusted for postition but that feature can be added to the 687 for less than $100. Neither my son or I have it on our 687s and have seen no reason to add it.

When Joel Etchen started ordering his 687 SPIIs from Beretta, he specified an oil finish as it looked richer and was easier for a gun owner to repair than the 682's glossy urethane finish but I now see that Beretta has switched to oil on the 682 as well.

Both are great guns that will serve you well.

Ed

3. Robb

Robb Member

Thnaks Ed. PM sent.

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

We agree. That is, both my wife and I have 687 combo sets and we also have a 682 combo set. There is really no difference other than appearances on the metal and usually much better wood on the 687's.
    Doug

5. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Robb

In addition to the reasons cited by Averaged, Joel Etchen also specifies different dimensions for his buttstocks. Primarily in comb, with the comb being somewhat lower than the standard 682 stock. The JEG stock dimenstions seem better for many shooters, incuding me. Also, the JEG guns use all metal hardware for the adjustable comb, better than the hardware used by Beretta. Since the 6867 uses the 682 Gold E barrels, I think JEGs 687 Silver hybrid is the best deal going-and it costs several hundred dollars less than the 682 Gold E. And if you really want or need it, an adjustable trigger is only about 100.00. Just don't see how you can get a better deal. Would not trade mine for any other trap gun I have yet seen.

6. Robb

Robb Member

Thnaks to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.