1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Gold E Dilemma-any suggestions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

Hi, I have a Beretta 682 Gold E that my best friend owned and shot and he has passed away. We shot together for years at many gun clubs. Only problem is he was left handed! Looking for suggestions or ideas so I can convert this gun to a right hand gun for me! I want to shoot this gun every once in a while in loving memory. Also keep in mind I am not a billionaire or even a millionaire so I hope there is a good fair priced solution to this. The gun was purchased new from Joel Etchen. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance......

2. nudge

nudge Member

Do a search and find yourself a right handed stock and swap them out. If you want to then sell the left handed stock to minimize overall expense.

3. archangel

archangel Member

Coles gunsmithing has a good selection mike

4. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

I'm a lefty with a set of right handed 682E wood I would consider trading. I also have a right handed set off a 682 Gold (version before the E). Sent you a PM. Sorry for your loss.

5. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I would see if I could work out a trade in deal with Etchen. Barring that, sell the lefty stock then buy a righty.

6. HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy TS Member

I hesitate to suggest it, with the gun having what sounds like sentimental value to you, but I am left-handed and am looking for a gun like this to buy. Also, I may be able to help you get a right-handed version, if you are so inclined, from a friend/client who is an excellent shooter and takes the utmost care of his guns. He actually has a combo with a top single, if I am not mistaken. Please call me at (251) 269-3040 if you are interested in discussing options.

7. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Hope it works; it could be a win-win.

Doc

8. superump

superump TS Member

The 682 Gold E that I have is a trap combo with adjustable comb - because its the stock that came with the gun my friend ordered and shot, I really want to keep it. Just hoping someone knew where a guy could pick up a RH stock and matching forearm somewhere - thanks for the suggestions and nice comments!

9. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

If the gun has an adjustable comb, just adjust the comb so the gun is shooting where you want it to. Since you will only be shooting it occasionally you can put a temporary palm swell if you really need it.

Joel Etchen (link above) has right hand 682 stocks, if you really want to do that to keep the old stock exactly as is. You really don't need to get new forearm wood unless you are planning to make it your gun and like the idea of every thing matching.

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.