1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Gold E converted to mechanical triggers?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 700X-user, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Has anyone converted their 682 to mechanical? I have been thinking about changing mine over. I talked to Coles today. Any pros or cons? Any advice?

My main reason for the switch is the looseness of the trigger. I have found myself flinching if I forget to take up all of the slack before calling for a bird.

Ed

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A mechanical conversion in and by itself will not correct the preplay in the trigger. A trigger tune-up will.

Doug

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I had Cole's do my triggers shortly after I bought it in 2005. To this date I have had no problems but I do have them (Cole's) do the annual maintenence yearly.

Curt

4. JPSmall

JPSmall Member

I had Cole's make my 682 gold greystone mechanical and had the trigger "tuned" up" while in the shop. Its a nice crisp trigger now. Be careful if you want to have the trigger pull lightened because I had it lightened too much and had fan firing problems. Sent it back and cole's fixed everything perfectly.
    You can't go wrong with Cole's.
    Matt

5. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Coles did mine two years ago. Not a single problem. Great job!
    Nubs Wagner

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

Why would you want to spend the money to convert the triggers when you could spend it upgrading to a better gun with a better trigger to begin with? Perazzi, DT10, K80 all come to mind.

TB

7. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

My 682 gold e has mechanical triggers and I think they came from the factory that way I am not sure about that So far I have had no problems with them at all I have since had a double release put in but that does not matter as they were mechanical before

Duckeye

8. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Actually, you can have your trigger "tuned" to act like a mechanical trigger. I think that to actually replace the inertia trigger with a true mechanical trigger would be very expensive.

I have had both of my trap 682s and a 686 20 ga "tuned" to act like mechanical triggers. One was done for free, the 686 cost $50 way back when and latest couple of years ago $75.

Down side the gun is more likely to "machine gun" fire the 2nd barrel with only one pull of the trigger. It has not happen to me but a friends started to now and then. He sent it back to Cole and now gun must be fired or bumped to set the trigger for the 2nd barrel.

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.