1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Gold E Combo Unsingle or Top Single

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pete1955, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete1955

pete1955 TS Member

I am wanting to buy a new trap gun and I am looking at a Beretta 682 Gold E Combo and was wondering if you guys have had problems shooting an unsingle as I have not owned one but like the way they feel. I have seen a couple of post talking about unsingle vs top single but just thought I would ask about any issues with getting use to shooting one. I do have a friend that has a K80 combo unsingle and it took him a little while to get use to it but he shoots it very well now. I am a two eyed shooter and fairly new to trap and have been shooting a skeet gun but have doing ok but want me a trap gun for sure.

I did pick up my friends 682 Gold E O/U and shot a straight with it and the gun fitted me perfect and felt so nice I am considering buying a combo to shoot myself.

Pete

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'd go with the unsingle everything else being the same. The reason for this is resale value on down the line if you ever decide to part with it.

I'd also look into a Joel Etchen 687 combo. A lot nicer looking for nearly the same money. You can also choose nicer wood if you so desire.

ss

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had and shot a Perazzi MX-2000 Combo that had an unsingle and I just couldn't get used to it probably because I shot a top single for so many years before I got it ... I sold it and have been kicking myself ever since, wish I would of bought a top single and kept it ... I couldn't tell any difference but a lot of people will tell you that an unsingle has less felt recoil because its like shooting the under barrel of an over/ under ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. treefrog

treefrog TS Member

Bought a used one from this site, I got the S 682 Combo trap (saved a lot of $$$) After having had a 870 I can't get over how nice it is. I use the 34" unsingle and after a half dozen boxes just smoking them.

5. superump

superump TS Member

UNSINGLE !!!!!! The first time I shot a friends 682 Gold E unsingle I shot a 24 and powdered them. And as stated earlier the resale value is a lot better with the unsingle. Something also very important is I don't believe the top single has an adjustable rib and the unsingle does!

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have a bottom single adjustable rib 682 Gold E Trap. I love it. I didn't care for the feel of the Top Single but thats me. The Unsingle has more adjustability for POI. Most Unsingles do have. JM2C

Whichever you descide make sure that if it has the Beretta Memory System for the adjustable comb you change it out with the Gracoil Adjustable comb hardware. The factory system is junk and could result in a cracked comb if not careful adjusting. Easy $100 fix and the Gracoil Hardware is way better.

Matt

7. KOKA

KOKA TS Member

I think one reason for a top single is if you "CANTE" the barrel its not as noticeable as with the unsingle. I have been told the vizability is much greater with the unsingle.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Unsingle because they look neater than hell!

9. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Top for me. I dont think one will put more X's on your card than the other.

10. pete1955

pete1955 TS Member

11. superump

superump TS Member

Damn I didn't realize that walking up to the line with my Cynergy unsingle it looked neater than hell but now I am going to be just a little cocky! Does that then mean I look neater than hell too or just the gun? Ha HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

12. Robb

Robb Member

My 687 is still for sale. Gun is as new. Do a search.

13. pete1955

pete1955 TS Member

opinions ??

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Even a ugly gun looks pretty good when your name is at the top of the score sheet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
682 gold e bottom trap combo
682 gold e trap unsingle combo

beretta 682 gold e bottom single trap gun

beretta 682 trap unsingle vs over single
beretta gold e bottom single trap gun
berreta 682 gold e bottom singlel trapgun
buy used trap bottom single
top single vs bottom single