1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 gold 2nd barrel wont fire

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RAScott, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAScott

RAScott Member

I have a 682 gold over and under with a top single. I use the gun for singles and handicap. I also shoot doubles with it. It would not fire this weekend in the Vermont state shoot luckily I had brought a back up . Does anyone know of a person or shop that could repair this problem. I had coles in maine do a service a few years ago.
    I took off the pfs and the triggers looked ok but I am sure someone with more knowledge could find the problem. I am in the middle of the leauge shoots and the state shoots. so i need it repaired soon. Thanks.

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

you may have the pfs recoil reduction mechanism set too lightly to activate your top trigger, if you have the standard inerita triggers in the gun they need a subatancial BUMP ( Kick back ) to activate the second trigger

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

"I had coles in maine do a service a few years ago." I would consider getting it back to Coles - and having the last service a few years ago might be too infrequent.

4. RAScott

RAScott Member

I have been shooting the gun i have the pfs set pretty firm for that reason and it shot well i will call coles in the am and check their schedule, i did not know of a shop in the mass area( no relation to teddy)

5. josh b

josh b TS Member

its probably the inertia block spring much faster and cheaper to order the spring form beretta for 2 dollars and do it yourself. good luck josh

6. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Just been through this problem with my 682! Fought it for almost a year and the problem was intermittent to quite common. I finally fixed it by buying a Perazzi and will never look back!

Mr. Mark

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Mr Mark

Your solution to repairing a Beretta was to swap it for a Perazzi?

I like the way you think! LOL

8. RAScott

RAScott Member

Replaced the initia spring $4.00.00 from coles in maine and it works fine now. thanks

9. Hunter40

Hunter40 TS Member

Probably the inertia spring. Mine goes out about every two years. They cost about $3 and you can put it in yourself if you have some small screwdrivers. I always keep an extra with me and can change it out in about 10 minutes. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

top barrel wont firr on my beretta 682golde