1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 beretta top leve removal ?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

How hard is it to remove the top locking lever from a 682 to replace the locking bolt, and what tools do I need ???????

2. WarEagle2017

Ok Rick I'll call you tomorrow it is now 9:50 PM Thanks Tony

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Aw Cmon, tell us, I have to replace the TOP LEVER CAM on my 687....

4. WarEagle2017

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

It must be a secret.

Nobody wants to tell us specifically how to do this...

6. JJM

JJM Member

Step 1: Remove stock. 2: With stock off you will see a small pin under saftey, remove pin. 3. Under safety there is a screw, remove. 4. On bottom of receiver remove very small screw then larger screw. 5. With hammers cocked you will now be able to remove trigger assembly. 6. A screw is now visable under the top lever, remove. 7. You now will be able to pull top lever out and replace lock up pins. They come in over sized 1.5mm,3mm,5mm. Reassemble in reverse order.
    Good Luck and don't loose any parts.
    JM

7. Frank C

JM, you have a PM.... FC

8. Frank C

"Step 1: Remove stock. 2: With stock off you will see a small pin under saftey, remove pin. 3. Under safety there is a screw, remove. 4. On bottom of receiver remove very small screw then larger screw. 5. With hammers cocked you will now be able to remove trigger assembly. 6. A screw is now visable under the top lever, remove. 7. You now will be able to pull top lever out and replace lock up pins. They come in over sized 1.5mm,3mm,5mm. Reassemble in reverse order. Good Luck and don't loose any parts. JM"

Re #4, all but impossible (so far) to remove the larger screw...any hints? The slot is SO small that you would likely have to modify the blade (already tried) of a bit to get into it...don't want to bugger the slot---FC

9. skeezix

skeezix Member

I don't recall the specific size needed- but you can get a measurement on the slot with a caliper or a feeler gauge. then you order the right screwdrver from Midway. Midway has a good selection of specialized screwdrivers.

john

10. Frank C

Thanks, I will have a look, may try and grind down an old file too....

11. skeezix

skeezix Member

I think you need an 0.020 tip. you'll want the width to be as close as possible to the diameter of the screw head. If Midway doesn't have the right screwdriver, try brownells.

john

12. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

Try coles gunsmith web site, they have the schematic for your gun.

13. Frank C

I already bought the part from Coles....the issue is now removing the screw with the VERY THIN slot....

14. WarEagle2017

Yea new problem ( with the same issue ) I got everything out except the last screw, the one in the newer 682 Gold E ( the screw that holds the top lever in is different from the older ones, the older ones were slotted and the new one has a set screw in the center of a slotted screw, I cant get the set screw out I tried everthing ( and I have, and tried everything )Allen, Hex, torx, metric etc, Help help help ?????????

15. WarEagle2017

16. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Brownells sells a set of 'extra fine' screwdriver tips for hexagonal drives.

They are sometimes called 'European' tips in that some many of these guns have really fine slots in them....

A good idea to have if you own any European guns.

17. WarEagle2017

18. Frank C

drhuner....that center post that you are trying to get out is screwed into the bottom of the top lever, if you use a wide enough screw driver you can remove the screw from OVER that post with the metric Allen....I got mine out but am now stumped again as the locking pins are spring loaded, a STOUT spring too, IF I tap out the cracked assembly the sppring will pop out and it will be a BITCH to press everything back in.....I'll post a picture shortly. For those that have done this task, is it necessary to remove the top firing pin to remove the top lever cam? See black arrows showing the firing pin seemingly in the way, and the other pointing to the compressed spring...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. WarEagle2017

FrankC in your last picture it looks like the screw that i am refering too is part of the top lever, and the round ( thing that looks like a washer with a slot in it ) thing ( the last item "" Bottom of the pic "" is actually a round nut with a slot in it, is this correct. ?????

Frank here is the part of your message that I don't understand (screw driver you can remove the screw from OVER that post with the metric Allen....) I know that on the older models there is a slotted screw in this area that goes into the Lever but in your pic it looks like the screw ( post ) is part of the top lever, is this correct ???

20. WarEagle2017

and frank it looks like to me that you should be able to lift that cam out by lifting it ( sort of Hinging it out back portion first, then Hinging it back in the same way right under the firing pin, you may have to depress the firing pin to do this. although I am sure there is a good pressure on that cam from the spring it would have to be a heavy spring to do its job and not really extend itself too much when relaxed, so pushing it in should not be to difficult, pushing it in as you hinge the cam back in....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bereta682 gold e cor sale on usa

beretta 682 opening lever change direction

firing pin removal 682 beretta

grinding down the beretta 92fs saftey leve

how to remove beretta top lever

how to replace top lever in 12 gage bereta 682

how to replace top lever in beretta 682