1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stickdp, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

Supose a guy has a set of used 682 sporting barrel he was thinking of selling.28" barrels --older barrels before they had the optama barrels this set takes the older style choke tubes.they are in nice shape the only thing wrong with them is a couple of small spots were some dove blood got on the barrel and when I cleaned it off if lightend up the blueing --- note to self dont get blood on your gun-- any how what do you guys think a fair price would be for them.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

What weight and bore size are the barrels? This info is stamped on the bottom of the mono bloc.

Are the barrels ported?

Which rib is on the barrels?

Are the barrels solid or side vented?

Are you getting any choke tubes with the barrels?

How much wear is present on the cross hatch of the mono bloc?

Lot's of variables here. Barrels could be worth $500-$750 depending upon these items.

Things for you to consider are;

Do they fit and in time for your reciever and forend? Will these barrels work with your existing stock, or are you going to have to make some changes?

ss

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

400-600 probably lower end of that with the blemish

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

They are 12ga non ported -side rib is vented. I did not see a weight stamped on the block the bore I belive is .723 --rib is wide and flat white front bead and a small brass center bead.barrels are in about 93% shape. I bought a set of 32" barrel a long time a go so I do not shoot them any more.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

28" Strada ribed, non ported, side vented barrels in 93% condition. $600 would be a good starting point.

Bore diameter should be expressed with the numbers 18.3 or 18.4 for a mobile choked barrel.

The weight would be expressed 1.47kg or something similar to that.

ss

6. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

Thanks for the info guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.