1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bullcreek, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullcreek

Bullcreek Member

Gentlemen,
    I have a few questions about a barrel swap on a 682. I bought my son an older 682 with the wide frame to shoot trap with. It came with an un-single barrel. He would like to have an o/u trap barrel for it. I have looked around and it appears finding a newer optima bore barrel is not a problem. Finding a mobile choke barrel seems to be problem.

I have done some searching and it appears the newer barrel will fit the receiver after it has been fitted but I will have to open up the forearm to fit the wider barrel. How much wood needs to be removed to fit the barrel? Once it is opened up to fit the newer barrel can it no longer be used on the un-single barrel?

Will the new barrel look fine on the older receiver since it is not as wide? Have any of you guys made this swap before?

2. hwy13

hwy13 Member

Hello,,

Very possible you will find accurate info about Beretta questions at Joel Etchen guns. They have handeled all models, have worked on all Beretta's.

3. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

Don't know if my experience is representative but the fore end I put on the new E barrel took just a few strokes of sandpaper on each side. Probably could have got by with nothing but it would have rubbed the blue off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.