1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

682 Adj rib unsingle help needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LazerRed, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazerRed

LazerRed TS Member

I picked up an adjustable rib unsingle barrel for my 682E yesterday. I put 25 rounds through it just the way it was set-up when I bought it to see how it shoots. Today, I ran another 100 through it at the dollar during the hdc event trying to get a feel for it.

Right now, it's set in it's lowest position (I assume it comes from the factory this way). I'd like to move it up a couple notches but I've run into a snag.

The adjustment knob ( the indent-stop nut ) at the front will only go 3 clicks ( indents ) in either direction. I cannot for the life of me get it to actually move the rib at all. I'm starting to lose skin off my fingers trying to get that rib up. Any suggestions, or help???

Thanks.

2. brownie20

brownie20 TS Member

did you loosen all the bolts

3. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

what brownie said

You need to loosen the pivot nut back by the breach, and you need to loosen the two nuts that hold the plastic side pieces on. Then loosen the allen screw at the muzzle.

Make your adjustments, then tighten the pivot nut, then nuts one the sides of the plastic pieces, then finally the allen screw at the muzzle.

BTW - I had to put some loctite on the allen screw at the muzzle to keep it from working itself loose.

Larry

4. LazerRed

LazerRed TS Member

Got it thanks. I completely missed the muzzle set screw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.