1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

650 MEC Opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 320090T, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Found one for $40.00 and was told it works. Anyone have opinions on them? I am trying to get our SCTP kids reloading instead of buying new. We have access to homemade and mined shot so we can keep our price to $3.00 or less, hopefully. Thanks!

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I've been using a 650 for about twenty years. For the money, it can't be beat. Consider adding a resizer to the bench to gurantee all shells fit and provides an inspection in line for them to check the cases prior to loading.

Big Jack

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I agree with big jack

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

For the SCTP kids who might be shooting Autos, you WILL need a sizer or a loader with a sizer build it....

5. 320090T

Once a shell is fired in his gun, will he need to resize to use in the same gun again or is it fire formed like in rifle brass?

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

650 for 40 bucks that works......check ebay thats a deal!. Loading for multible shooters you will need a super sizer or a 600jr to resize the hull. some say this is not needed. my reloads work fine in my XT Browning gold with out resize.....try to run them through my 870 forget it. I would buy it for 40.00

7. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Great price for a reloader thats still in production, parts readily available, and you get MEC's product support free. Been awhile since I used a 650 but thought you could screw on a resizing sleeve at the deprime station and resize only at that station. All primer feed systems need to be watched closely but you can do it the old fashioned way if kids are not used to it.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

650 does have a resizer adapter, but it only can resize unless you want to remove the little adapter and turn the turet then reinstall the adapter.....pain in the ass. I found a 600 jr for cheap use that to resize unknown brass

9. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

320090T ,

Why not ask contributors if someone has a MEC "Super Sizer" or a MEC "Case Reconditioner" that they no longer use and will donate it to your group . As I recall , one resizes a la 600 Jrs . and the other uses a collet type resizer but either should be adequate for your shooter's needs .

Good luck in a worthy effort .

Charlie

10. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

BUY!!!!!!!!!!!Roger

11. 320090T

Thinking about removing the auto primer feed and placing them in by hand, no concerns then. It came with a 1oz bar and I have lots of bushings so we should be set. I'm going to buy some components at the Ohio State Shoot this week and get it set up for the boys. Going to have a reloading class first!

12. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Why replace the primer feed??????? If you have only a fraction of mechanical ability you can make the primer feed work like a clock......Roger

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

disengage of the auto primer drop turns it into a single stage loader, one shell at a time. This is how I learned to reload from a friend(on a 9000) with the auto indexing and primer drop disconected. one shell until complete. Then slowly moved up to 2,3,4,5 ect shells until I had everything set. Then he reconected the full auto feature. I have a 650 I found cheap, works great.

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Try to hold out for a used Grabber. You'll be a lot happier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 650 resize adapter for sale